Board index Equipment Digital Cameras 2000 +

Digital Cameras

2000 +

gpaai

2000 +

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:39 pm

If a person were considering buying a professional digital camera in the $2,000.00 to $2,500.00 price range, what camera would it be?

I am more concerned with the end result (the image) than how many bells and whistles it has.

I have seen many excellent photo by those photographers using the Canon EOS 10D. I figured after the purchase of a lens or two, this camera would be in that range.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Gary
I love photoshopography.......

ukexpat

Re: 2000 +

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:54 pm

gpaai wrote:If a person were considering buying a professional digital camera in the $2,000.00 to $2,500.00 price range, what camera would it be?

I am more concerned with the end result (the image) than how many bells and whistles it has.

I have seen many excellent photo by those photographers using the Canon EOS 10D. I figured after the purchase of a lens or two, this camera would be in that range.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Gary

I don't think you would go far wrong with any DSLR in that price range.

gschmickle

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:59 pm

Image quality is gained more from the glass you buy, not which camera. The Fuji S2, Canon 10D, Nikon D100, and even the Nikon D70 and Canon 300D are all capable of taking amazing pictures. It's all about what lens you attach to them that makes the difference. If I were to start all over with the budget you have, I would buy the cheaper of the cameras (D70 or 300D) and invest in the best lenses I could afford after that. Unlike DSLR bodies, it takes a long time for a good lens to become outdated.
-Guy

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras 2000 +