Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon EF800MM F/5.6 L IS USM Lens in the USA

Digital Cameras

Canon EF800MM F/5.6 L IS USM Lens in the USA

leejungil

Canon EF800MM F/5.6 L IS USM Lens in the USA

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 pm

Looking forward to receiving my new 800mm lens in the AM from Normans Camera with a full report to follow . Hope to have some tests run with a few samples from this lens by friday afternoon. Looks to be quite a incredible piece of L Glass..

Cheers, Jerry

djwixx

Re: Canon EF800MM F/5.6 L IS USM Lens in the USA

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:27 pm

"This is the longest telephoto lens among Canon's lineup, and a terrific choice for any long-distance application-outdoor sports, wildlife, news photojournalism, and so on."

I'm sure your test shots will be an excellent dispay of the capabilities! Then again..................

leejungil

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:43 pm

Just having the ability to "OWN" and perform pixel peeping shots is a exellent display of a "Capability".. :)

Cheers, Jerry in NW Ohio along the banks of the might Portage River..

prinothcat

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:11 pm

It's a good thing I don't have a small *&^%$ too.

jniemann

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:39 am

bulbmogul wrote:Just having the ability to "OWN" and perform pixel peeping shots is a exellent display of a "Capability".. :)

No Jerry - That's where you are wrong. It doesn't mean shit.
Have a nice day. :)

leejungil

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Has just arrived in Ohio and will be giving it a quick overall and run it through a few pixel peeping tasks. From what i seen so far, it is a stellar lens.

cheers, jerry

prinothcat

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 pm

jniemann wrote:
bulbmogul wrote:Just having the ability to "OWN" and perform pixel peeping shots is a exellent display of a "Capability".. :)

No Jerry - That's where you are wrong. It doesn't mean shit.
Have a nice day. :)

+1

jniemann

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:56 am

bulbmogul wrote:Has just arrived in Ohio and will be giving it a quick overall and run it through a few pixel peeping tasks. From what i seen so far, it is a stellar lens.

cheers, jerry

LOL - Its just a 600mm f/4L with a 1.4x teleconverter built-in. :roll:

sheila

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:28 am

Yet another doorstop for Jerry. It should make eBay by next month with the 600 which he still had no idea how to use :D
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

leejungil

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Now owning this special new canon 800mm lens for almost a week, I can say the optics are simply incredible in every way. Samples are now available on my website of this awesome lens in action. For those on the fence about this lens.. Jump onboard and dont wait any longer as you will never regret it..

Cheers, from NW Ohio

djwixx

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:40 pm

bulbmogul wrote:Samples are now available on my website of this awesome lens in action.

?????

prinothcat

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:03 am

djwixx wrote:
bulbmogul wrote:Samples are now available on my website of this awesome lens in action.

?????

Is this feller a Canon shill or what? So what.. he's taken photos of the lens? Being used? wow. By whom we wonder, and what piece of exotica was used to photograph this activity... really.. enquiring minds with far too much time to waste need this information. : :oops: :shock:

jniemann

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:55 am

bulbmogul wrote: Samples are now available on my website of this awesome lens in action.

All I see is a couple of blurry cybershot photos of the lens sitting on the floor. Is this the "action" you are referring to ? :?
I am genuinely curious to see a photo taken with this lens. Do you actually have one ?

snappingturtle

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:11 pm

jniemann wrote:
bulbmogul wrote: Samples are now available on my website of this awesome lens in action.

All I see is a couple of blurry cybershot photos of the lens sitting on the floor. Is this the "action" you are referring to ? :?
I am genuinely curious to see a photo taken with this lens. Do you actually have one ?

At least we now know what his real "workhorse" is! :lol:

jniemann

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:56 pm

LOL. Jerry - can we at least have a telegraph pole or a cat or something ?

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon EF800MM F/5.6 L IS USM Lens in the USA