Board index Equipment Digital Cameras What's up with the 5D Mk II I'm hearing so much about?

Digital Cameras

What's up with the 5D Mk II I'm hearing so much about?

gpaai

What's up with the 5D Mk II I'm hearing so much about?

Post Fri May 23, 2008 6:34 pm

Any news we can rely on or is it all rumors? I haven't been in a camera store for a couple of months now and have been relying on Internet info.

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

adz929

Re: What's up with the 5D Mk II I'm hearing so much about?

Post Fri May 23, 2008 11:23 pm

Who cares really? The 5D itself is still a fantastic camera and will continue to be so for many years. I would really like to know why people have this fascination with upgrading cameras all the time? What could a 5D Mark II possibly do that you can't already do with a 5D?
adz929...The protanomolous photographer...

Pixel peepers...bah, humbug!

dougj

Post Fri May 23, 2008 11:58 pm

Anything you read about it are rumors and guesses, anyone who actually has facts is under a non-disclosure agreement with Canon. Upgrades/replacements are usually done this way so the sales of existing models are not prematurely impacted.

gpaai

Post Sat May 24, 2008 12:19 am

adz929 wrote:Who cares really?

I don't see myself buying one anytime soon, (I love my 5D). I do like to keep up with the latest in technology though, and reading about the latest releases helps me to do that.
I love photoshopography.......

jniemann

Post Sun May 25, 2008 10:50 am

I'm hoping the 5d MkII will push the price of the current 5D down. Its already dropped quite a bit.
When the price gets low enough, I'd like to buy a 5D. I'd be perfectly happy with the older version :)

dougj

Post Sun May 25, 2008 11:35 am

jniemann wrote:I'm hoping the 5d MkII will push the price of the current 5D down. Its already dropped quite a bit.
When the price gets low enough, I'd like to buy a 5D. I'd be perfectly happy with the older version :)

There'll probably be a flood of used 5Ds available as people upgrade. Typically there should be some very well maintained, low usage copies available at bargain prices as well.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras What's up with the 5D Mk II I'm hearing so much about?