Board index Equipment Digital Cameras The new Canon EF200MM f/2 L IS USM

Digital Cameras

The new Canon EF200MM f/2 L IS USM

leejungil

The new Canon EF200MM f/2 L IS USM

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Has anyone got their hands yet on this Big Gun in the USA..? Also can someone lead me to a vendor with this Lens in stock for ASAP Purchase...Cheers, The BulbMogul

prinothcat

Re: The new Canon EF200MM f/2 L IS USM

Post Thu May 01, 2008 12:57 am

bulbmogul wrote:Has anyone got their hands yet on this Big Gun in the USA..? Also can someone lead me to a vendor with this Lens in stock for ASAP Purchase...Cheers, The BulbMogul

again with a new thread aboutthis lens.... google not working for you? Canon's site not have any answers yet? ghint just bump the old thread and we can ignore you that way too.

snappingturtle

Post Fri May 02, 2008 1:36 am

bulbmogul wrote:Has anyone got their hands yet on this Big Gun in the USA..? Also can someone lead me to a vendor with this Lens in stock for ASAP Purchase...Cheers, The BulbMogul

You're just going to have to wait like the rest. It's not about who has the money, it's simply about getting in line like a theater.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5 ... _f_2L.html

pdbolton

Post Fri May 02, 2008 8:38 am

Don't come to Japan expecting good deals. List price for the lens in Japan is Yen 850,000 or at the current rate of exchange about $8,500. List price at most good US dealers is $6,000. Take some advise from your doctor, don't get your blood pressure all pumped up over this. Just sit back, take a deep breath and relax, it'll get there eventually. Good things come to those that wait (I don't know who said this but it's good advice).

Paul D. Bolton
The trouble with being retired...you never get a day off.

leejungil

Post Wed May 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Finally its here and Norman Camera in Michigan just called me with the notice. Should be receiving my copy 1st thing in the AM via FedEx. This highly sought after and long anticipated Super Fast Lens is here..! Who else is jumping on the 200MM Super Speed Bandwagon? Cheers, Jerry

leejungil

Post Thu May 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Ok it just arrived about 2 hours ago and all I can say is what a special piece of glass. We are in the process of running it through some testing to see how she performs. Size wise is almost identical to the EF400 F/4DO but just about 1lb more in weight. She comes packed as do all the other White Super Telephoto Lenses. Lens has its own personal cosmetic carring case as the others also. This was my 1st time purchasing from Normans Camera in Kalamazoo, Michigan and what a quite pleasant transaction. Still see no other dealers yet to have this lens available in stock forsale. Will be posting some high rez shots with it later for viewing..If anyone is considering this fine piece of glass, please dont hesitate and treat yourself to the finest .. Cheers, Jerry

adz929

Post Fri May 09, 2008 12:12 pm

What a shame that this particular lens will never even have the chance to create a fine piece of art, such waste :evil:
adz929...The protanomolous photographer...

Pixel peepers...bah, humbug!

prinothcat

Post Fri May 09, 2008 1:45 pm

adz929 wrote:What a shame that this particular lens will never even have the chance to create a fine piece of art, such waste :evil:

I was trying not to comment, but since you went there, I need to know how to get his drool out of my keyboard.. I feel so dirty. :roll:
I hope his pixel peeping adventure make him happy. Testing? why for? Cannon has engineers and machines for testing. Go shoot picture with dammed thing.

toosnvetts

Post Fri May 09, 2008 8:44 pm

Go shoot picture with dammed thing.

I think that won't happen. Out of curiosity I went to BM's galleries and was quite surprised to see mostly an inventory of BM's toys! More power to you, Pal, but why are you on a photography forum? I like the eight pictures of the Sandhill cranes; what editing software do you use? :)

jniemann

Post Sat May 10, 2008 10:18 am

adz929 wrote:What a shame that this particular lens will never even have the chance to create a fine piece of art, such waste :evil:

Don't worry - it will get re-sold to a real photographer eventually, just like its 600mm brother :roll:

leejungil

Update on EF200MM F/2 L IS USM

Post Mon May 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Just chimming in with some updated information on the newlest lineup to the Canon L Series Lenses. This lens is just simply incredible. If your on the fence and not sure to buy one or not, dont hesitate as it is very very special. We have performed a few tests on it and all I can say is... "WOW".. Lens is also very well balanced and extremely easy to handhold. This weighs the same as a 300 2/8L IS but for some reason is alot easier to balance and hand hold. (One inch less in length) Test pictures are yours simply for the asking. I have not seen to much hooplah yet over this lens as there must not be to many of them in the USA yet.

Cheers, BulbMogul of NW Ohio

jniemann

Re: Update on EF200MM F/2 L IS USM

Post Wed May 14, 2008 12:42 pm

bulbmogul wrote:Just chimming in with some updated information on the newlest lineup to the Canon L Series Lenses. This lens is just simply incredible. If your on the fence and not sure to buy one or not, dont hesitate as it is very very special. We have performed a few tests on it and all I can say is... "WOW".. Lens is also very well balanced and extremely easy to handhold. This weighs the same as a 300 2/8L IS but for some reason is alot easier to balance and hand hold. (One inch less in length) Test pictures are yours simply for the asking. I have not seen to much hooplah yet over this lens as there must not be to many of them in the USA yet.

Cheers, BulbMogul of NW Ohio

Who is 'we' ?
OK lets see 'em - I am interested to see the test shots.

leejungil

Size and Looks of the new Ef200MM

Post Wed May 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Hi folks, I have had quite a few people email me asking what this new lens actually looks like attached to a Canon Pro Body. Here I have a picture of the lens attached to a Canon EOS1dsmk3. It is about the same size and stature as a 1dsmk3 and EF400 F/4 DO affixed, but weighing in at just over a pound more. The lens is very well balanced for easy hand holding actuations. Feel free to email me for full size high rez shots shot at F/2..

http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/97059386

Cheers, Jerry from NW Ohio

jniemann

Re: Size and Looks of the new Ef200MM

Post Sat May 17, 2008 2:16 pm

bulbmogul wrote:Hi folks, I have had quite a few people email me asking what this new lens actually looks like attached to a Canon Pro Body.

Why on Earth would anyone ask a stupid question like that? :roll: Sounds like you made that up. :oops:
Surely people are more likely ask about what sort of pictures can be taken with the lens...

ewhalen

Post Sat May 17, 2008 7:03 pm

We is him, his dog, and his cat.
Canon 5D, EOS 3, 400D w/ 35 MM F/1.4L, 50 MM F1.8 II, 85 MM F1.2 L II, 100 MM F2.8 Macro, 200 MM F2.8 L, 300 MM F4L IS, 16-35 F2.8 L II, 24-105 F4 L IS

Next

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras The new Canon EF200MM f/2 L IS USM