Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Best place to sell online?

Digital Cameras

Best place to sell online?

elmovt

Best place to sell online?

Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:17 pm

I see a sticky topic of the best place to buy online...but I want to sell.

I have a Canon lens that I want to upgrade to the IS version. Where can I sell my current lens? Does pbase have a section for that? Ebay is not an option.

prinothcat

Re: Best place to sell online?

Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Both Adorama and B&H will send you a postage paid return address lable if you choose to have them evaluate your lens for sale through their used department. B&H handles the entire transaction online, and Adorama actually had an sales rep call me when I was considering sellng off a lens.
For B&H start here
for Adorama here.

Calumet also does used, I have never dealt with them. They are on both coasts as well as Chicago. B&H and Adorama are both NYC. The other used broker I know of is KEH. Again I have not dealt with them. Finally there are always local dealers in most larger markets.

rlacy

Post Fri May 02, 2008 2:00 pm

I have used the following websites for years to both buy and sell used equipment. As always, you need to be careful when buying used from someone, but I have generally found the folks on these websites to be honest and trustworthy. By the way, the two sites focus on Nikon equipment.

Nikon Cafe @ http://www.nikoncafe.com. You must be a member for 30 days before this site will allow you to buy or sell, but you can use the rest of the site from day one.
Nikonians @ http://www.nikonians.org.

Good Luck.
Ron

dougj

Post Fri May 02, 2008 10:52 pm

The forum on Fred Miranda's site has a buy & sell section, there is a fee associated with selling. Another resource is Craigslist, just be careful of potential scammers.

tonysanjose

Post Fri May 09, 2008 6:15 am

2nd fredminda.com
or craiglists.org

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Best place to sell online?