Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon 5d Mirror has come off!!

Digital Cameras

Canon 5d Mirror has come off!!

krunal25

Canon 5d Mirror has come off!!

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:50 am

i was shootin sum flowers in the morning & suddenly i cud'nt see nething in the viewfinder!!
so i removed my lens to see wots the matter & i cud'nt belive the reflex mirror was out of it's slot!
it's jus come off

can somebody help me n lemme know wot i sud do??

snappingturtle

Re: Canon 5d Mirror has come off!!

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:18 pm

You're gonna have to contact Canon for the nearest repair center and have it shipped to them. Depending where you live, the contacts to call are on the back of the camera manual. For Bombay, it would be one of three headquaters in Asia. How much they will charge is up to them.

krunal25

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:57 am

@htsung
thx for ur help appricaited
is this a common problem with the 5d??

snappingturtle

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:10 pm

How long have you had the camera? I you had it for a long time and used it a lot, the shutter actuation count may have reached its limit wich can result in the shutter or mirror malfunctioning. The 5D is rated to 100,000 cycles. I have seen a couple cases on other cameras where the mirror would be jammed, but not coming off.

krunal25

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:10 pm

well i contacted the canon cente here in bombay, & they called for the camera i jus gave it today & told em'that i've come to know that it's a problem with 5d (as i read in many other forum on the net) & they told me after hearing that, that they will do it for free!!
now they will take 7 dayz to do it so next tuesday is wn i'll get my baby bak
hope everythin will workout nicely!

p.s. i hd jus bought it in jan 07' & have not clicked more than 5000 clicks

snappingturtle

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:30 pm

That's great! Looks like courtesy service by Canon, or warranty. Best of luck with it.

clangley50

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Mine has come off 3 times . It is easy to put back on yourself. It snaps in.I found instructions at one of those sites that compares cameras/lens' etc.

krunal25

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:39 am

finally after waiting for 15 dayz i got my cam bak
they have replaced the whole unit & fixed with a new type of glue which suits hot & humid envirment of bombay :)

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon 5d Mirror has come off!!