Board index Equipment Digital Cameras HELP WITH METHOD TO SHOOT REFLECTIVE SURFACE

Digital Cameras

HELP WITH METHOD TO SHOOT REFLECTIVE SURFACE

bondobabe

HELP WITH METHOD TO SHOOT REFLECTIVE SURFACE

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Hello All. I'm a Newby that needs some basic help. I am trying to photograph a Surround Sound Processor. It has a black GLASS front panel with the controls. What is a good method or trick to use to prevent reflections of me and my arms and camera to show in the picture? The only way I've found is to shoot at an angle. But I want a front on shot. Any suggestions for me guys? :D

dang

Re: HELP WITH METHOD TO SHOOT REFLECTIVE SURFACE

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:34 pm

I'll offer the same suggestion as last time: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36742
For larger items, make a tent from plexiglass, or white plastic.

davidkinahan

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:48 pm

Have you tried a polarizing filter? One of their jobs is to cut out any form of reflection.

dang

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:29 pm

David wrote:
Have you tried a polarizing filter?

Chuckle... Well, of course! In this situation that would be the simplest.
Sorry, must have falling asleep when I posted.

davidkinahan

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:07 pm

Everyone's allowed to slip once in a while!

ernst

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:46 am

Polarizers work best when the reflective surface is at an angle...
Try to keep the environment as dark as possible. If necessary, hide yourself and the camera behind a black cloth with an opening for the lens.

bondobabe

Post Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi All. I bought a 3 foot square tent and a 5 foot square tent along with some super lights. It did the trick. Now I just wish there were a wireless shutter release for my Canon S51S camera. Or, even a wired one would be acceptable. Any ideas?

ray645

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:08 pm

Also use a light source that is MUCH larger that the object, a strobe and very large softbox close the the amp or the cheap (I love cheap) is use a flash through a white bed sheet (make sure the flash is far enough behind the sheet to fill it with light.

closest thing I have is a small glass bottle and a car both very reflective

Ray

bondobabe wrote:Hello All. I'm a Newby that needs some basic help. I am trying to photograph a Surround Sound Processor. It has a black GLASS front panel with the controls. What is a good method or trick to use to prevent reflections of me and my arms and camera to show in the picture? The only way I've found is to shoot at an angle. But I want a front on shot. Any suggestions for me guys? :D

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras HELP WITH METHOD TO SHOOT REFLECTIVE SURFACE