Board index Equipment Digital Cameras CANON 40D MIRROR (HELP!)

Digital Cameras

CANON 40D MIRROR (HELP!)

richaspden

CANON 40D MIRROR (HELP!)

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:27 am

I have a canon 40D which had a few specks of dust when looking through the viewfinder but not appearing on photos, stupidly i know i have tried to wipe the mirror and more spots and marks have appeared. I don't think the mirror is scratched but can someone tell me if the mirror on this camera can be cleaned to remove the marks (by Canon in the UK perhaps?) or alternatively any idea how much it would cost to replace the mirror in the UK?
Many thanks
Last edited by richaspden on Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ewhalen

Re: CANON 40D MIRROR

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:30 pm

richaspden wrote:I have a canon 40D which had a few specks of dust when looking through the viewfinder but not appearing on photos, stupidly i know i have tried to wipe the mirror and more spots and marks have appeared. I don't think the mirror is scratched but can someone tell me if the mirror on this camera can be cleaned to remove the marks (by Canon in the UK perhaps?) or alternatively any idea how much it would cost to replace the mirror in the UK?
Many thanks

Don't ever touch the mirror.

Ignore anything you see on the mirror...you won't see it in the view finder.

Anything you see when looking through the view finder is probably on the focus screen.
Canon 5D, EOS 3, 400D w/ 35 MM F/1.4L, 50 MM F1.8 II, 85 MM F1.2 L II, 100 MM F2.8 Macro, 200 MM F2.8 L, 300 MM F4L IS, 16-35 F2.8 L II, 24-105 F4 L IS

dougj

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:38 pm

Canon should be able to clean it without too much difficulty. For future reference, it is best to leave the mirror alone.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras CANON 40D MIRROR (HELP!)