Board index Equipment Digital Cameras How much would photographers usually charge?

Digital Cameras

How much would photographers usually charge?

snappingturtle

How much would photographers usually charge?

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:19 pm

Hi,

I have been getting photos for the newpaper and yearbook of my college, getting paid every hour I take and work on photos. I am never experienced with selling copies or prints however. A few times recently some students and their family members asked if they are able to purchase pictures or prints from me. As first I let my editors handle it.

I was told that photographers charge a lot. But I don't know how much. If this happens again how much should I charge? Should I charge based on the size of the print cost? Should it cost to send them digitally? or would that be free of charge?

Thanks,

Hugh

texindian

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:18 pm

I wouldn't give them away, even if was just the digital file. You can go to http://www.outdooreyes.com and navigate to the Gallery to see what some typical prices are. I guess this will vary from place to place and topic to topic.

Technically, there might be some ownership questions re: photos you take while working for someone else. I doubt if the yearbook or paper would mind, but it's something to think about.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras How much would photographers usually charge?