Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Does this lens fits to the Nikon F-mount????

Digital Cameras

Does this lens fits to the Nikon F-mount????

mattar_3d

Does this lens fits to the Nikon F-mount????

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:48 pm

please help mee...

I bought this lens from the market .. 50$ only...
Soligor 85-210mm f:3
so.. does this lens fits the Nikon F-Mount: D200 , D300....
This is an image of the back of the lens...

adz929

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:19 am

Simply put...No. That looks more like a Contax/Yashica mount, however, it is missing the diaphram actuator so I'm not sure what mount it is.
adz929...The protanomolous photographer...

Pixel peepers...bah, humbug!

dang

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:15 am

adz wrote:
Simply put...No. That looks more like a Contax/Yashica mount, however, it is missing the diaphram actuator so I'm not sure what mount it is.

Actually, the diaphram actuator is there (although I'm not sure what mount either). The flat pin is used to engage the diaphragm. When the shutter is pressed, the body will have a coupling that slides it toward the left, which closes the diaphragm. The round pin must be pressed in for it to work, however. If it's not, the diaphragm stays closed it appears.

I can't recall what the "F" mount looked like, but it should be easy to compare to another lens (if you have one) simply by looking. There might also be a designation on the lens telling which mount it is. If not, a trip to a local camera store should help.

adz929

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:51 pm

dang wrote:Actually, the diaphram actuator is there (although I'm not sure what mount either). The flat pin is used to engage the diaphragm. When the shutter is pressed, the body will have a coupling that slides it toward the left, which closes the diaphragm. The round pin must be pressed in for it to work, however. If it's not, the diaphragm stays closed it appears.

I thought that may have been the light meter coupling, but then again it could fulfil both purposes too. I actually compared it to my Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 and it is nothing like it. The mount on my Yashica 50mm f/2 was pretty close, however the C/Y mount has both a light meter coupling and a diaphram actuator.
adz929...The protanomolous photographer...

Pixel peepers...bah, humbug!

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Does this lens fits to the Nikon F-mount????