Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Lens Advice

Digital Cameras

Lens Advice

gp100

Lens Advice

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:28 am

After some consideration I have decided to get myself a Nikon D80, but now I am unsure about which of the two lenses to get:

The Nikon 18-70mm or

Sigma 17-70mm?

Any advice would be appreciated!?!

racedraper

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:23 pm

I have a D200 and bought a 18-200 DX VR lens and love it, but its too cold right now to try outside. IF you look at my gallery you can see the results.
I bought my lens from photografix unlimited and the gave me 10% discount, but I also bought a tripod,head for it and a filter and it cost me right at 1050.00 total for everything. DOnt go to best buy for lenses they mark them way up. For the same lens they wanted 880.00 for it, ,,mine was 200 bucks cheaper.

But a good prime lens is another option, you can get a good 50mm 1.8 for 100 bucks super fast and super clear ,but what price range are you looking at. I chose the 18-200 cause its best of both worlds,and something I can leave on while walking around plus the wave motor is super quit.
hope this helps

howzer

Re: Lens Advice

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:20 pm

gp100 wrote:After some consideration I have decided to get myself a Nikon D80, but now I am unsure about which of the two lenses to get:

The Nikon 18-70mm or

Sigma 17-70mm?

Any advice would be appreciated!?!

Thare is a new lens coming up, recently presented by Nikon, that could be very interesting. Ist a 16-85 mm with VR.

More info HERE

// Howzer

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Lens Advice