Board index Equipment Digital Cameras New Pentax K20D Images

Digital Cameras

New Pentax K20D Images

benjikan

New Pentax K20D Images

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:48 pm

I have just gotten back from the press conference. As you all know the specifications, I will upload untouched JPEG's right off of the camera compression moderately in PS at 10/12.

As I have a size limit here go to the following to view moderately compressed full size images.

http://benjikan.smugmug.com/gallery/4217920#246645793

or

http://gallery.photographyreview.com/showgallery.php?
cat=500&ppuser=240176
Last edited by benjikan on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jestev

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:05 am

I'm honestly not overly impressed.

Not to say it's not a good camera, but I'm not blown away.

Also, that site is terrible... takes forever for it to load anything, and that has nothing to do with filesize.
John Stevenson
http://www.pbase.com/jestev
Nikon N70, N6006; D300, D50
Lenses (of 20): Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF, Tokina AT-X 12-24 f/4 AF PRO, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI
Canon S1 IS
Minolta XG-7

marxz

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:27 am

jestev wrote:I'm honestly not overly impressed.

Also, that site is terrible... takes forever for it to load anything, and that has nothing to do with filesize.

smugmugs not the snappiest of sites but usually is OK for me...

like to see local prices for these units at the very least the competition could put a rocket under Canon and Nikons arse given the price gouging they inflict on us here in Australia (think US prices then roughly double them - which is the rough end of the pineapple given the 88c AUD to US exchange rates.)
there is no .sig

gemmf

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:53 am

Me neither. Not terribly good advertisement in terms of exposure.

jestev

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:29 pm

marxz wrote:

smugmugs not the snappiest of sites but usually is OK for me...

like to see local prices for these units at the very least the competition could put a rocket under Canon and Nikons arse given the price gouging they inflict on us here in Australia (think US prices then roughly double them - which is the rough end of the pineapple given the 88c AUD to US exchange rates.)

That smugmug works fine. It was the first site he put up before that was bad. Smugmug wasn't there before.
John Stevenson
http://www.pbase.com/jestev
Nikon N70, N6006; D300, D50
Lenses (of 20): Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF, Tokina AT-X 12-24 f/4 AF PRO, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI
Canon S1 IS
Minolta XG-7

carman3uk

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:02 pm

Just goes to show you can't please everybody. I think the images are a good representative sample of the results direct from the camera. I am thinking about getting one, thanks for this lead.

benjikan

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:04 am

carman3uk wrote:Just goes to show you can't please everybody. I think the images are a good representative sample of the results direct from the camera. I am thinking about getting one, thanks for this lead.

Your welcome Carman..

I will be using my K20D's for my next up and coming shoot for "Harpers Bazaar" Spain in Mid March.

Will post once the post prod is completed.

Ben :)

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras New Pentax K20D Images