Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon 30D LCD screen

Digital Cameras

Canon 30D LCD screen

dkfenn

Canon 30D LCD screen

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:17 pm

I'm on the fence about picking up a 30D to upgrade from my 300D, but have read a few posts about a greenish tint on the LCD. The posters feel it skews their ability to judge white balance, and just leaves the LCD image looking "blah".

Do any other 30D users feel the same way? Like I said, I've only read a few reports, and if it was a wide-spread issue, there would probably be more out there. If it does tend to propogate to all 30D users, perhaps I'll just spring for the 40D and call it a day (and deal with a low res LCD). :)

Thanks PBasers!

dougj

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:34 pm

I've read a couple of posts about the 30D green display, but in my experience the display does a reasonable job (no green cast); further we can not judge WB based on the 30D or other camera's display. A camera's LCD display is not a good representation of the photos actual IQ, including WB.

IMO, the 30D does a good job with auto WB, within the constraints of the lighting available. Tricky lighting (e.g. sodium) or mixed light sources should be shot in RAW and adjusted in post processing.

denak

Re: Canon 30D LCD screen

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:01 pm

:) Can't say it looks green to me. I just bought the camera a week ago and find the LCD-screen just fine

tedchappell

30D LCD screen

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:10 am

Nope, I have no problems at all. I have had my 30d since May of last year and current number of pics is (let me see) 7143. Great camera, love it, enjoy!

paul_marshall_photograph

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:47 pm

I can't say that I've ever noticed a green tint and I've had mine for over a year. My problem is with the actual transfer of the RAW image I've set the screen brightness at midway but images often transfer to the conversion program at least 3 stops darker is this a fault with my camera or has anyone else come across the same problem?
Regards
Paul
(newbie)

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon 30D LCD screen