Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 12x

Digital Cameras

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 12x

birddog1

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 12x

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:23 am

[i]Has anyone any comments on this camera? I am about to purchase one and if there are negative things that are not out I would like to hear them. Thanks[/i]

bobtrips

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:52 am

Visit http://www.dpreview.com - go to the Panasonic Talk Forum and see what the users have to say.

The only warning I would have is to check the low light performance. That was the initial complaint about the camera, but I haven't kept up with the FZ10 since its release.

It seems to have a great lens and I'm a big fan of image stabilization. (Oly C2100z and Minolta A1)

sl668

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:27 am

Panasonic FZ10 is a very good camera. I have bought it for a month, and is happy with its performance. However, if you want to buy it now, better think of another one from Canon: s1 IS, which is now available in the market (just 2 weeks after my purchase of FZ10).

This Canon S1 IS overcome the following problems with Panasonic FZ10:
- It has 270 degree fully rotatable LCD that allows you to take picture at any odd angles;
- It is much smaller and lighter than FZ10;
- It uses cheap CF memory rather than expensive SD cards;
- It use rechargable AA batteries rather than expensive proprietary battery.
- It has remote control which allows you to take fire work night scene, or group photos with kids (who will not be patient to your timer).
- It is also cheaper than FZ10.

Of course, similiar to FZ10, the Canon S1 IS also comes with the image stablizer. The only down side is it comes with only 10X optical zoom, and is 3M pixel, whilst FZ10 has 12X optical zoom and 4M pixel. Hope it helps.

nickmonty

FZ10 for sale

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:12 pm

I bought a FZ10 from BH Photo about two weeks ago. Nice camera, good feel, sharp shots at full telephoto. One problem.. not enough pixles to crop and then do an 8x10. So, mine's for sale at $425 which includes shipping via UPS. Check out my feedback at EBAY (nickmonty). Thanks.
nickmonty@comcast.net

xvigour

buy a lumix DMC-FZ10 in palo alto area

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:34 pm

hi,

I'll go to california in two weeks and I would like to buy a lumix there.

Have you got any good address for shops ?

thanks

corne

not a happy at all

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:37 am

The service I have recieved from Panasinic well 3 weeks and still waiting. My Camera came as a gift (not my first choice I would stick with a camera brand rather than microwave manufacturer) I posted a note a while back as I have problems with red lines around white and grey subjects and if its a good day it goes green on me. Sharpness is not available (must be an optional extra)

Personaly I think it was desighn for the beginner market who still gets wowd by the 12X zoom. 4Mp is a good size as a 128 Mp sd will go for a 100 snaps It can aparently use other formats of memory but you lose writing speed so continious shots are limited to 3 as to 5 with the sd card. Sd cards will become cheap in the near future so dont let that put you down.

overall it is not to bad, the lens desigh is great for macro shots, dusk to lowlight is noise paradise I can post a few shots if you send me your email.

I have compared photos between fuji s5000 and the fz 10 and if i had to get one tmorw it wont have fz10 on it id go for the cheaper s5000 with 3 Mp or the Canon S1. There are rumers that I gat a bad one but till panasonic one day responds to my emails its a crap camera.

Now this is just rumer but I heard ccd have burn in time of around 500 pic and then they get better being electronic I find it hard to believe but I was sceptical about speaker wires that had to be run in till I was proven wrong.

Hope this helps.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 12x