Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Please tell me it can be fixed....

Digital Cameras

Please tell me it can be fixed....

ru1036

Please tell me it can be fixed....

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:32 pm

Forgot to zip up my Lowe backpack and, yes, you guessed it--out everything tumbled onto the unforgiving tile floor. My Sigma 18-50/2.8 is done I fear; cracked completely through the plastic so the entire lens mount assembly lifts off. The AF/M focusing switch also popped off. The 30D it was attached to is unscathed, thankfully.

Sigma Europe charges €45 just to look at the lens. My question: anything like this happen to anyone? Can it be repaired? The lens elements are fine. Just the case and the mount. Can I buy a new IS lens now?

regards

Ken

camelriders

Re: Please tell me it can be fixed....

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:57 pm

ru1036 wrote:Forgot to zip up my Lowe backpack and, yes, you guessed it--out everything tumbled onto the unforgiving tile floor. My Sigma 18-50/2.8 is done I fear; cracked completely through the plastic so the entire lens mount assembly lifts off. The AF/M focusing switch also popped off. The 30D it was attached to is unscathed, thankfully.

Sigma Europe charges €45 just to look at the lens. My question: anything like this happen to anyone? Can it be repaired? The lens elements are fine. Just the case and the mount. Can I buy a new IS lens now?

regards

Ken

I did the same thing and destroyed my KM 7D and with my Sigma 20-40 mm lens attached. The lens snapped off at the mount – the mount was still in the camera, separated from the lens.

I sent it back to Sigma and they repaired it for $85.00 US.

Regards,

Bruce.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Please tell me it can be fixed....