Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Warranty when buying online, what is best?

Digital Cameras

Warranty when buying online, what is best?

erickaom

Warranty when buying online, what is best?

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi all. About to buy my first DSLR camera (Canon XTi), and likely to purchase online.

My question is...

What is the suggested way to purchase warranty? I've seen MACK, but I've seen so many different prices on it. Is there a significant difference I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

snappingturtle

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 pm

Mack is an extended warranty plan to expand the service for the camera. It still only covers manufacture defects however. if anything is wrong with the camera, you will send it to the contact information that Mack provides you. You cannot however send it directly to Canon under a Mack warranty. Canon will only accept their 1 year limited warranty. If you do get a Mack plan, get it from a reliable dealer with good reputation.

Ritz Camera and Best Buy offer damage protection plans. It costs more, but is certainly worth it because it goes beyond manufacture defects and covers any possible damage including accidental or deliberate damage. Ritz is better however because there is no limit on how many times you can break it. Best Buy is "break it once and we will fix it once"

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Warranty when buying online, what is best?