Board index Equipment Digital Cameras See how the Sigma 15mm-30mm performs.

Digital Cameras

See how the Sigma 15mm-30mm performs.

pstewart

See how the Sigma 15mm-30mm performs.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:26 am

I just posted something in show and tell which is of interest to anyone thinking of buying a wide angle lens. Check out the results:

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?p=16964#16964

pstewart

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:52 am

I neglected to name the flash unit that I used. It's the Sigma EF-500 DG ST. I was looking for something affordable that would handle wide angle and this one had all the features I was looking for and was a lot cheaper than the others. I was amazed at how powerful it is... bounce flash off the ceiling lit our whole huge rec room perfectly, giving a wonderful natural look.

I did try bounce flash in the antique store, but it didn't work in the vast open areas since there were no walls for the light to bounce from and the bounce from the ceiling wasn't enough. Worked okay in the smaller rooms, but since none of the walls were white, I decided not to deal with the color cast and differing amounts of light (from wood walls etc.) as I didn't have much time that day to play around with special settings.

But this Sigma unit does a pretty good job with wide angle and straight-on flash too, although as I said there was some darkening at corners and right and left sides at 15mm...easily removed with Photoshop.

I would definitely recommend both this external flash unit and the Sigma 15mm-30mm lens. Both performed beyond my highest hopes. And both were reasonably priced for the quality and features.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras See how the Sigma 15mm-30mm performs.