Board index Equipment Digital Cameras The Canon EF 200 f/1.8L USM Lens..!

Digital Cameras

The Canon EF 200 f/1.8L USM Lens..!

leejungil

The Canon EF 200 f/1.8L USM Lens..!

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:21 pm

Anyone know where i can buy a mint condition or new never used above lens? Willing to pay serious money for one in the above mentioned conditions.. Mabe Canon will release a IS version this fall?

snappingturtle

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:52 pm

If you really want that lens, why don't you switch to Nikon? They kept their version of that lens in production.

leejungil

Canon Wizzardry

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:47 am

I did not realise that Nikon made or manufactured a 200mm f/1.8 lens? If my memory serves me correctly, Nikon makes a current 200mm f/ (2) VR and not 1.8.. Do I need to stand corrected? Please advise..

snappingturtle

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:21 am

Difference between f/2 and f/1.8 is negligible. It's as close as you'll ever get or else dream on.

bug322

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:29 pm

He doesnt use them anyway he just does it for the specs and the price.
Anyway this his thread nmbr xxxxx to get attention.

snappingturtle

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:38 am

If he really has the money, he should buy a plane ticket to Japan and spend a few days there and more money in the Canon headquaters begging the Japanese officials at Canon to put the lens back in production or make a special one only for him.

marxz

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:38 am

htsung wrote:If he really has the money, he should buy a plane ticket to Japan and spend a few days there and more money in the Canon headquaters begging the Japanese officials at Canon to put the lens back in production or make a special one only for him.

heck if he went to Japan he wouldn't have to bother doing that - all he'd need to do is wander around the camera shops and search through their used/traded stock... damn the shop I bought my used 20D from (at half the price of what eBay would have cost me) had more used stock than the combined new and old stock of all the 3 main (read "3 only") prosumer/pro shops in my home town... and that was a small shop in Kyoto - the collection of 100's of used Canon lenses (and about equal amount of Nikon kit) was truely mind boggling.

Lord only knows what wonders Akihabara in Tokyo would hold.
there is no .sig

bug322

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:42 am

Imagine he has to miss the local KFC and a reason to make real pictures on the trip. :wink:

leejungil

Still in "Desperate" Need of..

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:29 am

The EF200 f/1.8 L USM.. Please note to the usual cast of wizzards, its a Canon 200 1.8 and NOT a Nikon 200 2.0 Thanks in advance.. Jerry

snappingturtle

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 pm

marxz wrote:
htsung wrote:If he really has the money, he should buy a plane ticket to Japan and spend a few days there and more money in the Canon headquaters begging the Japanese officials at Canon to put the lens back in production or make a special one only for him.

heck if he went to Japan he wouldn't have to bother doing that - all he'd need to do is wander around the camera shops and search through their used/traded stock... damn the shop I bought my used 20D from (at half the price of what eBay would have cost me) had more used stock than the combined new and old stock of all the 3 main (read "3 only") prosumer/pro shops in my home town... and that was a small shop in Kyoto - the collection of 100's of used Canon lenses (and about equal amount of Nikon kit) was truely mind boggling.

Lord only knows what wonders Akihabara in Tokyo would hold.

He is looking for one in "mint" condition. Such a lens at this level is virtually extinct. Even Canon no longer services them according to a Canon representative at the Eastern repair center I spoke with, meaning if one breaks, Canon would refuse to fix it.

leejungil

Paying Serious Cash..!

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:45 pm

I am still in search of a 100% mint or new in the box Canon EF200mm f/1.8L USM I would not hesitate to pay $7500.00 for a new in the box unit if such a specimen still exists. Please dont hesitate to email me at bulbmogul@aol.com if you know of or have one forsale. I would also pay a finders fee too! This then would complete the fleet for me.. Thanks again.

johnnyhill

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:36 am

Bulb,

I must commend you on your class, and thick skin. Not ONE negative word came from you, even with all of the BS comments following your post. Bravo, a true gentleman is a rare person these days. I will keep my eyes open for a 1.8 in gem condition for you.

JRH

marxz

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:09 am

johnnyhill wrote:Bulb,

I must commend you on your class, and thick skin. Not ONE negative word came from you, even with all of the BS comments following your post. Bravo, a true gentleman is a rare person these days. I will keep my eyes open for a 1.8 in gem condition for you.

JRH

you do have a point - I find collectors to be quite a queer bunch (not knocking them but compared to "users" they are a breed apart) my experience is with guitars not photographic gear were I'm a "user" of guitars (only owning the 2 guitars that I "need") but more a "collector" of basses... I can recoil in the absolute horror of someone buying a rare guitar just to have it sit in glass case rather than being played.... but I have almost a dozen rare basses that sit protected and unplayed much to the scorn of others
there is no .sig

dirtyol

Post Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:18 am

johnnyhill wrote:Bulb,

JRH

He sends his negative words in Private Messages. He ain't that nice.

leejungil

Still in Need

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:53 pm

Greetings fellow lens junkies. We are still in hot pursuit of a Mint or never used still in box copy of the canon EF200mm f/1.8L USM Lens.. Have had several email but still looking for the prestine unit for my collection of heavy artillery.. Thanks, Jerry

Next

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras The Canon EF 200 f/1.8L USM Lens..!