Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Nikon OR Canon ???!! Please Vote

Digital Cameras

Nikon OR Canon ???!! Please Vote

mattar_3d

Nikon OR Canon ???!! Please Vote

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:13 am

I got the Fujifilm E-500, and I practiced on it so im controling everything now,.,, ISO , F-Stop - Shutter Speed, Exposuring... 1 year ago I Got Zenit-E with a 58mm/F2.8 Lens from my grandfather... and I bought a 135mm/f4 Lens... the camera is totally manual " ISO" shutter speed, F-STOP and focus... and even Light Meter.. its great I got great photos...
Now im thinking of buying a DSLR camera... so got a lot of recommendations... some of the photographers tells me that the cannon is better than Nikon, and some of them tell me that Nikon is better...
so I want an answer... what is the best... you know the cameras in israel are so expensive... please Help me...

Thanks alot

adz929

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:39 am

You really can't go wrong with either, so your best bet is to visit a camera shop and try them yourself. While your there, check out what Pentax has to offer as well.
adz929...The protanomolous photographer...

Pixel peepers...bah, humbug!

supersignet

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:45 pm

I am neck deep in the canon system now, but if I had to do it again I would probably look at the PEntax K10D. All DSLRs will give you great pictures. If you're going for an entry level DSLR like a Nikon d70s, d80 or Canon 400d and you're on a budjet you should really check out the pentax. It is weather sealled (you don't have to worry about shooting in the rain) has built in IS and is backwards compatible with most pentax glass made from 1977 I think.
Canon 30d, Canon 400d, Sigma 30mm 1.4 EX HSM, Sigma 70-200 2.8EX non-DG, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-300

mattar_3d

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:39 pm

Thanx alot for your answer.. I can buy up to 1000$ with lens...
so I think that the Nikon D40X is suitable to me right now,,, im not experienced in the Dslr Camers.... so wish me a good luck,,, and I asked god to choose the best for me...

Cya

jgeorgie33

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:23 pm

I've been a Canon guy for twenty years now, so I pretty much have to voice my opinion here.

Althrough, I do own a Nikon point-and-shoot which isn't too bad. And their flashes, I hate to admit, are better than Canon's.

--
John George
Merchant Services

supersignet

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:03 am

You could buy any camera Nikon makes except the d40x. The d50 would be a better choice.
Canon 30d, Canon 400d, Sigma 30mm 1.4 EX HSM, Sigma 70-200 2.8EX non-DG, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-300

marxz

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:36 am

in the 80's I was "Nikon or nothing" guy when it cam to 35mm (though used blads, pentax and rollie's in medium format) but when I first started looking in to digital SLR camera's 3 years it was pretty much "Canon or nothing" (OK not quite but Canon was a clear leader).

Nowdays it's not so much of a gap (and some will argue there is no gap as far as bodies and certain commonly used professional lens go)
there is no .sig

bruce46

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:04 am

At first it was Nikon, but after much deliberation I decided to go with Canon. I think both are excellent brands. Doesn't matter which one to go for.

photonix

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:28 am

I would first check the portfolio of lenses offered by Canon and Nikon (or other makers) and decide which you prefer based on quality, cost and capabilities. Quality lenses will hold their value longer than the DSLRs which are, after all, electronic equipment. Then pick your camera. Whilst Canon and Nikon are equivalent in quality, the argument can be made to pick Canon because they are the only full-frame in the game, if that's your inclination. Of course Nikon could bring out a FF anytime, but I sprang for the Canon 5D in early '06 and never regretted it.

benjikan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:11 pm

I will vote for the Pentax K10D... :)

niekirk

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:11 am

I don't think there is a bad digital SLR from any make (and there are more than two brands). If moving from a basic film SLR (and the Zenith is a proper SLR, but hard work by modern standards), why not start with a digital compact. You can get 'last year's model' gor a very reasonable price.

Take lots and lots of photos with it. Find out what you'd like to photograph, but which is beyond the ability of the camera. Read lots and lots about photography while you're doing that (web, magazines, library, second-hand book shops), and by then you'll have a good idea of what you need to take the pictures you want.

And by then, all the digital slr's listed above will be 'last year's model' and you can buy them cheaply, or the then latest thing, depending on what you need.

bruce46

Re: Nikon OR Canon ???!! Please Vote

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:25 am

mattar_3d wrote:I got the Fujifilm E-500, and I practiced on it so im controling everything now,.,, ISO , F-Stop - Shutter Speed, Exposuring... 1 year ago I Got Zenit-E with a 58mm/F2.8 Lens from my grandfather... and I bought a 135mm/f4 Lens... the camera is totally manual " ISO" shutter speed, F-STOP and focus... and even Light Meter.. its great I got great photos...
Now im thinking of buying a DSLR camera... so got a lot of recommendations... some of the photographers tells me that the cannon is better than Nikon, and some of them tell me that Nikon is better...
so I want an answer... what is the best... you know the cameras in israel are so expensive... please Help me...

Thanks alot

Reading expert reviews can be a great help of finding the camera that's best for you, aside from the advise received from other users. This is a way of gathering all the facts and by weighing and comparing them, you will eventually have an idea which one is your choice.

marxz

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:48 am

benjikan wrote:I will vote for the Pentax K10D... :)

don't you start that ..OK just... don't.... I'm already more than half convinced to get one already from what other people are saying (and it's not like I need another camera)
there is no .sig

benjikan

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:27 pm

marxz wrote:
benjikan wrote:I will vote for the Pentax K10D... :)

don't you start that ..OK just... don't.... I'm already more than half convinced to get one already from what other people are saying (and it's not like I need another camera)

Yes you do..I have three.... :lol:

lgc

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:16 am

With so many camera models on the market nowadays it can be quite confusing to choose the one you like. Suffice to say that all DSLRs on the market today are more than able to satisfy the needs of all photographers. Keep in mind that there's no such thing as a perfect camera for everyone. Each person has his own idea of what feels right for him. I suggest you go to a camera shop and test each camera out in your own hands. Only then will you know what's right for you.

As for me, I started out with Canon years ago before switching to a Nikon
D100 in 2003. I've since upgraded to a couple of D80 bodies in 2006/07 with no regrets whatsoever. Whatever camera you choose for yourself, it's the photographer that matters most, not the camera.

Happy shooting!

Next

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Nikon OR Canon ???!! Please Vote