Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Harwearing Digital Camera

Digital Cameras

Harwearing Digital Camera

marksheekey

Harwearing Digital Camera

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:23 pm

Hello, I'm fairly new to this digital photo malarky, I'm looking for advice about a comapact/tough camera I can take with me when I go mountain biking. At the moment I'm using a Sony Cybershot U, which is tiny, is fast and takes the knocks, but is only 1.5 Megapixels and has no zoom of any kind. Can any one recommend anything.
Thanks,
Mark

bobtrips

Tough puppies

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:37 pm

There are some rough duty digitals made for fire/indrustrial purposes.

You may not need one of these, just better packing. Try keeping your camera in a belly pack, wrapped in bubble wrap. Try not to pancake on your belly.

davewyman

Mt. Bike Camera

Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:26 am

I went for something simple - the Dimage Xt - not much control, but very easy to use and very, very small and light weight, with 3x zoom and no protruding lens (it's done with mirror!).

Concerns: plastic tab on hand strap can scratch the LCD. Ooptical finder shows 75% of what you'll actually get in the picture. Time lag when you depress the shutter - but that's a problem with all point and shoot digital cameras.

So far I've only taken the camera on the road, but it should work as well on dirt, and I plan to take it out to our local mountains this weekend.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Harwearing Digital Camera