Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Delay when pushing shutter to flash firing and photo taken

Digital Cameras

Delay when pushing shutter to flash firing and photo taken

depthgauge

Delay when pushing shutter to flash firing and photo taken

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:11 pm

Hello,

I have a Olympus C-5060. Over the last few days I've noticed there seems to be a greater delay after I push the shutter button to when the photo is actually taken. Any ideas what this might be? I'm thinking I might have inadvertantly changed a setting.

Thank you,

Jason

kirstenmary

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:46 pm

This happened on my Sony 707, but it was the way the camera worked. There is no delay with the 828 as this was a huge problem whan taking pictures. Other than being "built in," which it seems like it isn't, I would bring it to a camera shop and have someone take a look. You could also have it sent to the manufacturer...a real pain in the arse, but, depending on what you paid, well worth the trouble.

I'm really sorry I can't help much, but I just wanted to say I have felt your pain, dude.

stevenoz

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:49 pm

Is it is possible that you have changed the auto focus setting from full time AF to (not sure of the name here) where you need to press the shutter button half way?

I shoot with a 5050z and notice that focus takes a bit of time if your not ready in advance.

Steven

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Delay when pushing shutter to flash firing and photo taken