Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Olympus c-5000 zoom USB connection proglem...

Digital Cameras

Olympus c-5000 zoom USB connection proglem...

chemperor

Olympus c-5000 zoom USB connection proglem...

Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:28 pm

Hello there, I couldn't get my Olympus c-5000 Zoom to be synced with my computer. No auto detect or anything like it, like it is showed in the manual. What do you recommend me to do? :o Please help me!

Thanks in advance, C F.

castledude

Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:40 pm

OK I'm going to assume you are running Windows 98se, 2000 or XP.

Bring up the hardware manager:
Under 98se RIGHT click on My computer then click properties
Under 2000/XP bring up control panel-> System-> Hardware Tab -> Device Manager

Expand the USB Tab (at the bottom)
Plug in and remove the USB interface for the camera see if the camera appears on the tab.

If it appears as UNKNOWN DEVICE ... Click on it and Delete it then with the camera not installed reinstall the driver.

If it does not appear ... Try another USB port, try another computer, Plug it in to a USB1.1 hub then into the computer, get an external reader or return it as defective.

If it appears as the correct device. Bring up a copy of explorer and remove and plug in the camera see if a hard drive or removable drive is appearing when it is installed. If it is then click into the drive and see if you can get the pictures.

-----------------------------
Most people don't use the direct connection of the camera since you can obtain a card reader for a few bucks that works better in most cases. And the tiny connector on the camera side is alway at risk of breaking.
-----------------------------

chemperor

Hmm....

Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:27 pm

If anyone else got a solution please write it here...I'm still unable to work with it on my pc :(

sloopsailor

OK, I'll give it a shot.

Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:18 pm

If you have installed the Fuji software, unplug the camera, go to your control panel and uninstall the software.

Install the software again. Reboot the computer, then plug in the camera.

Of course the best thing to do is go buy a $25 memory card reader(the fuji one works great). Install it. Just pop the card out of the camera and slip it into the reader. Much faster, saves batteries etc.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Olympus c-5000 zoom USB connection proglem...