Board index Equipment Digital Cameras need help!:(fuji 3800, s5000)+Meade ETX90 Astroscope?T ring?

Digital Cameras

need help!:(fuji 3800, s5000)+Meade ETX90 Astroscope?T ring?

attila_the_hun

need help!:(fuji 3800, s5000)+Meade ETX90 Astroscope?T ring?

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:03 am

Hi!
I need a help, if somebody have a idea , because i have meade etx90 astroscope, and i have fuji finepix 3800 digital camera, and i cant combinated that! i have a adapter ring (ar-fx3) for my fuji, but this ring size:55 mm.Isaw Ward Larson's pictures, and he used the inner ring, outer ring with nikon ur e5 ring but his ring diffrerent size than my.
Anybody have a idea??
Thank you.
Last edited by attila_the_hun on Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

baja_traveler

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:44 pm

You may be out of luck. Alot of point and shoot cameras simply do not have the proper lens thread setup to adapt. If you can thread a filter on the camera, then you can adapt it to the scope. I use a standard T to C adapter to mount my Coolpix to the prime focus of my ETX. If you really want to do some astrophotography, you might need to consider a different camera.

castledude

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:23 pm

Try this place

http://www.scopetronics.com/digitalcam.htm

I was looking for the same thing a while back and they seem to be able to adapt anything to a telescope or microscope.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras need help!:(fuji 3800, s5000)+Meade ETX90 Astroscope?T ring?