Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Just how much better is the E-20N?

Digital Cameras

Just how much better is the E-20N?

gpaai

Just how much better is the E-20N?

Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:31 am

I was talking to a friend about selling my C-4040Z, then taking the money to buy the latest C Series. He told me I would be better off just investing in the E-20N.

SO just how much better is the E-20N compared to, let's say, the C-5060?

Gary

I figured I would ask the experts here before I actually went out shopping.
I love photoshopography.......

castledude

Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:26 am

Like the others here I would check out http://www.dpreview.com and http://www.steves-digicams.com first for some comparisons. Make a list of what features you want on your new camera and see if the E20 fits, also check out the forums for problems.

Now for my opinion; if you want to go with the price of an E20 go for something really better. Five models come to mind:

1) New Nikon D70 ... reviews just coming out look really good so far. CCD should give better response than the CMOS Rebel.

2) Canon Rebel 300D ... Great camera, great lenses has a few problems but not much.

3) New Nikon 8700 ... 8 Megapixels if the noise is low on this one it could be a winner. The only compliants I saw on the 5700 was lack of AF assist lamp and the 8700 has one.

4) Sony 828 ...8 Megapixels, a few are complaining about the noise but it doesn't look that bad to me. Nice feel to this camera.

5) Olympus ???? ... The E20 is two generations old they must be about to replace it.

gpaai

Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:19 pm

Hey thanks Castledude! This gives me a lot to think about.

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

losiowy

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:51 pm

As mentioned, dpreview is a good forum to check out. I personally have an E-10 and LOVE it. The E-20 basically has more pixels. Yes, the camara is a little older (in todays terms), and there is a new E1 out, but expensive. The big plus for the E-xx sries is the quality of the build. As many people will tell you, once you hold the camera, your hooked. What I liked was the almost EVERYTHING was where it was on my Nikon 35mm. The really helped the learning curve.

Hey, it's free to check out and I don't beleive that you would be dissappointed.
Lawrence

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Just how much better is the E-20N?