Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Digital Rebel battery grip

Digital Cameras

Digital Rebel battery grip

snappingturtle

Digital Rebel battery grip

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:28 pm

Hi, :wink:

I am getting interested in the battery grip designed for the Canon EOS 300D digital rebel. I read that the grip allows you to shoot both vertically and horizontally with ease. This is what I am looking for. The dual battery capability is only a surplus to me.

Nevertheless I would like to hear opinions about this before I consider purchashing it. So if anyone owns this and likes it :) or hates it :x , please tell me your experience with it and details about the operation.

Thanks,

Hugh

framewerkz

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:31 pm

I've got the battery grip for the D60. it adds to the weight, but I like the improvement in balance. And the bottom trigger is fantastic :)
For the arty-farty crap, go here:
http://www.pbase.com/framewerkz

snappingturtle

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:49 pm

Thanks for your reply!

About the bottom shutter button, are both the built in shutter (on the camera) and the shutter that comes with the grip active at the same time so you can instantly grip one handle to the other and shoot without having to use the same shutter button?

Hugh

framewerkz

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:11 pm

Yes.
For the arty-farty crap, go here:
http://www.pbase.com/framewerkz

wilfredmrand

Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:03 am

I likewise have the grip. It adds considerably to the heft of the camera (and makes it look conspicuously professional); the vertical controls are quite useful in hand-held situations such as portrait and model shoots. It more than balances the weight of most of my lenses, so I don't always use it. But when the 70-200 4L is on, or the sturdy Tamron 17-35 Di, it's indispensible.

Vertical shutter release is in lower left corner as pictured here: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/canon ... thgrip.jpg

kunja

I love the battery grip

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:31 pm

I have the battery grip for the D Rebel and have it attached 100% of the time. The camera felt too small to me without it, and with the grip attached I find it handles much better. The vertical shutter release is nice too, as is not having to charge batteries for a LONG time.

ukexpat

Re: I love the battery grip

Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:37 pm

kunja wrote:I have the battery grip for the D Rebel and have it attached 100% of the time. The camera felt too small to me without it, and with the grip attached I find it handles much better. The vertical shutter release is nice too, as is not having to charge batteries for a LONG time.

Ditto for me with my 10D and BiG-ED3 -- I rarely use the vertical controls, but the extended battery life and fit for my big hands are excellent.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Digital Rebel battery grip