Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Battery in Sony DSC-P32

Digital Cameras

Battery in Sony DSC-P32

amichel

Battery in Sony DSC-P32

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:25 am

I bought a Sony DSC-P32 two weeks ago and started taking shots. The camera comes with 2 batteries and a charger. The charge takes about 6 hours. Does anybody know if standard AA alkaline batteries can be used on this camera. Has anyone used it? Is it OK to use it without damaging the camera. Please let me know

jseah

Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:44 pm

If it is the camera that I think it is (square on one side, rounded on the other), then no, you cannot use AA's in the camera. If you notice, the rechargeables for the camera are 1.2 volts, while AA's are 1.5 volts. What I would suggest would be to get an extra pair (or two) of batteries for the camera so you will always have a fully charged set available.

castledude

Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:15 pm

According to the review at http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/p32.html

It does use standard AA cells. Go pickup a fast NIMH charger with four cells (less than $20) and you can recharge in 1 hr. You should be able to keep enough charged to last the day. Or go for the gold and get some of the new 15 min batteries and charger for about $40.

Alakalines can be used but they will cost you way too much it will suck them dry so fast that you will wish you just put the money into NIMH.

legadan

Post Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:29 pm

I agree with castledude, I bought the rayovac 15 min charger and batteries... I couldn't be happier! their batteries last incredibly long in the dsc-p32. If you haven't already bought new batteries and a charger I highly reccomend this one. :)

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Battery in Sony DSC-P32