Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Camera settings and various scenarios:

Digital Cameras

Camera settings and various scenarios:

gpaai

Camera settings and various scenarios:

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a web site that might contain a cheater chart for newbies that lists ideal camera settings for various scenarios. For example: Night time bright lights/low lights, indoors no flash, sunset, cloudy morning, etc, etc..

Being a newbie at manual settings, I thought it would be great to carry around a chart of sorts until I could embed the settings into my brain.

Is this kind of considered cheating for those of you that invested many hours of blood, sweat and tears to learn and discover them?

Thanks for any help.......

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

castledude

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:18 pm

Well these charts have been around since oh about forever
they were given to you as an insert with a roll of film. You know that hunk of paper that insulated the box from the plastic film container.

Go to http://www.kodak.com and click on film then click on a film that shoots in the ASA you want (100,200,400,800). Click on Technical info and you will get the general cheat sheet for that speed of operation. I'm sure FUJI has the same info online.

If you are looking for a specific type of picture then do a pbase search and look at the EXIF info.

The other way to do it is to set the camera to auto see what it recommends and then go back to manual and adjust as needed. Of course to get the ultimate you should get a light meter.

gpaai

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:02 pm

That helps out a lot, thanks. Shooting with a digital camera, I don't purchase film too often. I never thought to compare the digital camera settings.

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

stevenoz

Look at exif on pbase pictures

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:24 pm

When I was first learing my camera I always looked at the exif detail at the bottome of pbase pictures and studied the settings that were used. This helped me lots.

Steve

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Camera settings and various scenarios: