Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Problem with FujiFilm 6900z & 128meg SM card

Digital Cameras

Problem with FujiFilm 6900z & 128meg SM card

pingu

Problem with FujiFilm 6900z & 128meg SM card

Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:16 pm

I bought a 128meg card several months ago & have been using it happily as a transfer medium between PCs whilst not using it in my camera, and have never had any problems with data loss. However, for some reason, the camera seems to have problems with it - it either trashes random pictures when trying to view them back on the camera (which are then viewable on my PC, the compression just seems broken), or just plain old writing crap over pictures that have already been taken.

I was thinking of taking the card back to Jessops, but I don't really know if there's any point, given it seems to be a fault with the camera. It's perfectly happy with the two 32meg cards I also own.

Does anyone have any ideas??

-Alex

srijith

Re: Problem with FujiFilm 6900z & 128meg SM card

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:40 am

pingu wrote:I was thinking of taking the card back to Jessops, but I don't really know if there's any point, given it seems to be a fault with the camera. It's perfectly happy with the two 32meg cards I also own.

You might want to try and re-format the card. But remember, save all the pics in it first as you will loose all the data. I had a problem once and the re-format solved it.

pingu

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:02 am

Yeah.. I've tried that several times already - both formatting through windows (I lost the cable connect to my camera so use a USB SM reader) and also on the camera.. Both to no avail.

As I already said, I'm inclined to think it's the camera and not the card. 128meg is the maximum it supports & I don't think the cards were widly available when the camera was first brought out..

srijith

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:29 pm

pingu wrote:Yeah.. I've tried that several times already - both formatting through windows (I lost the cable connect to my camera so use a USB SM reader) and also on the camera.. Both to no avail.

As I already said, I'm inclined to think it's the camera and not the card. 128meg is the maximum it supports & I don't think the cards were widly available when the camera was first brought out..

Possible. However I use a more ancient 4800Z with a 128MB card :) So doen't be too hasty to generalise.

bobtrips

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:09 am

Try the Fuji Talk forum at http://www.dpreview.com

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Problem with FujiFilm 6900z & 128meg SM card