Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Digital Rebel apature

Digital Cameras

Digital Rebel apature

snappingturtle

Digital Rebel apature

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:07 am

Hi,

I just recieved and tried my new digital rebel. I also have Phoenix f/4.0-6.3 28-300mm zoom lens.

For some reason even when I have the setting on manual, I can't seem to control the apature. I set it on 4.0 and then it increases just when I hit the shutter button. The manual mentioned nothing about this. The lens on ther other hand did not come with such instructions. Is it the lens? How do I solve this problem?

Thanks,

Hugh

framewerkz

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:10 am

Could it be that you're trying to manually force the aperture outside the range of the lens?

snappingturtle

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:55 am

Hi,

I don't think I am literally forcing. The apature of the lens starts at f/4. But it looks like it won't shoot f/4. I would set the apature to f/4, and then once I hit the shutter, it increases to something like f/5.6 a split second before it takes the picture.

Hugh

framewerkz

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:26 am

htsung wrote:Hi,

I don't think I am literally forcing. The apature of the lens starts at f/4. But it looks like it won't shoot f/4. I would set the apature to f/4, and then once I hit the shutter, it increases to something like f/5.6 a split second before it takes the picture.

Hugh

The lens is only f/4 at the low end of your zoom range. Your lens is f/4.0 at 28mm, increasing to f/6.3 at 300mm .

snappingturtle

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:48 pm

Okay I see. Thanks for the information.

Hugh

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Digital Rebel apature