Board index Equipment Digital Cameras [HELP!] Sony F717 Low shutter pictures

Digital Cameras

[HELP!] Sony F717 Low shutter pictures

jvdberggg

[HELP!] Sony F717 Low shutter pictures

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:44 pm

Hi

Please help me. I want to make pictures with very short shuttertime. A great example is this picture: http://www.pbase.com/image/22752028
(also been made by f717).
But when I use the cam on Shutter priority and I lower the shuttertime, it becomes very dark on my display, about 1/200 and further.
What can I do to make that great lowshutter pictures? Must I do something with Aperture and f?

Thanks in advance

Greetings
Jeroen

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:51 pm

Yup....use a smaller f number(largere aperature) to open the lens up more. If you have full manual control just set the shutter and aperture seperately to get the result you are looking for. If you use full manual control or aperature priority you may have better luck. I don't think you need to use shutter priority for that type of shot IMO. BTW, what are you trying to shoot?

Cheers

jvdberggg

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:52 am

i want to make photo's of sport situations or animals.

minoltaman

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:35 pm

Ok, that camera has a relatively good range of settings. Try the things I mentioned above and you should have some success. Or try some of the auto-modes. If you are trying to shoot very high speed action you probably will have to manually prefocus that camera as prosumers won't focus as fast automatically as a dslr or a good film camera and lens. It's a different system alltogether.

If you insist on using aperature priority, and things are still to dark. Bump your iso setting up. The higher iso's you use the more noisy your images will be though.

Have fun.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras [HELP!] Sony F717 Low shutter pictures