Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon A300 e25 Problem?

Digital Cameras

Canon A300 e25 Problem?

blaised

Canon A300 e25 Problem?

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:13 am

What is the problem if one gets an e25 code on their LCD display of their Canon A300? The camera won't work.

Thank you in advance.

dang

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:53 am

Here's a link to support at Canon. As with All error messages you'll need to remove the batteries, and check the contacts are clean. There's nothing much more you can do other than call, and send it in for repair if this doesn't work.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/contro ... id=8294#q3

rugbypaul

E25 Errors

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:36 pm

I've a canon A200 (as well as an A80 & 10D). The A200 is now relegated to be the the kids camera.... great for school trips etc... decent pictures, but no tragedy if the camera gets lost/broken etc. Before that, it twice had been back for repair (under warranty) for E25 errors... that made us a little wary of canon quality, however the A80 & 10D have been flawless.

The E25 error was back once again, but the camera is now well outside warranty and it is just not worth paying to be fixed. Out of interest I carefully took the case apart to see if I could see anything.... nothing to loose.... Whilst fiddly, it is not too bad - just take care with the flexible PCB connectors. Since the problem seemed to be with setting up, I wondered if I could see anything more in the lens unit area with the autofocus motor partly removed (restricted to to cables), There is just one screw holding it in place... take care of the cable that goes by it. Anyhow, I could not see much, but when I put the motor back, things were all working fine. Perhaps just blind luck.... I was dubous about if it would still focus....

heez10

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 am

:D Leave digital prehistory (LOL) and move to an A530 or higher, (125dls) you'll be glad! I shoot with an A530, 4x optical, and an S2 IS, 12x optical, both 5MP, sharp!

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon A300 e25 Problem?