Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?

Digital Cameras

Where is the best place on line to buy?

heez10

Re: Where is the best place on line to buy?

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:43 am

eos30me wrote:Hi all,

I haven't bought any gear over the net but am considering it now. I am interested in people experiences.

Cheers

http://www.pbase.com/eos30me
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~meyssens/
I just bought a lens from B-H in NYC, I ordered it during the weekend and I had it in my hand on wednesday morning, by mail, good price and service!. Hernan

nikko2

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:36 am

Abes of Maine dot com. Some of the best prices and free shipping. They will try to upsell you but kindly decline and voila' ... sometimes, what they have to add even makes sense that you purchase, but you should not make that decision without thinking first .... purchased a number of things through these people, including my first DSLR

imadkhan

Post Wed May 06, 2009 7:32 am

I have bought the majority of my equipment from Adorama and B&H Photo. Customer services is excellent at either of them. In the end it comes down to price for me, and B&H wins and thus is my preferred choice.

INK
INK

melvinsurdin

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:36 am

Another good review of B&H and Adorama. I have done well with both. Calumet and One Call are also worth considering and they provide good service ... I have had good dealings with both.

heffa

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:55 am

When I was in retail, it was impressed on us that anyone will take a customer's money and sell them something -- where you really show your colors is when they want their money back.

I recently bought a lens from B&H -- $1,200+. Before it arrived I realized that I wanted something else... and the "something else" is more expensive. So much so that I can't afford it right now.

I submitted a return authorization request, and the entire process of returning the lens was effortless, quick, and I received an immediate credit on my charge card. Zero hassle. None.

I've always felt good about doing business with these folks... this experience makes it all the better.

kirstenmary

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Here's another vote for B&H.

ironalek

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:03 pm

I would have to go with B&H, too. I ordered a new, USA D40 Kit with the two kit lenses. The price was an obvious mistake (Below $450 February of '08). They honored the price no questions asked. 8) 8) :shock:

I thought the price was so good I went back an hour later to buy another kit to resell and the price was back up to the normal price of $650. :(

Still my first stop is always B&H.

I used to buy my cameras from Newwegg.com. They aren't as good on cameras as they used to be, though.

heez10

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:16 am

B&H gets my vote! I am very satisfied with their service, I just bought my second lens from them.

chrisj46

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:10 pm

I recommend buying a kit through cameta camera. Cameta's kits usually contain a ton of items for a price that is much cheaper then department stores and much cheap then the price would be if you bought each piece by its self. Heres the kit i bought. The cool thing is the camera alone at bestbuy and pcrichards is 799.99. I did good.

http://www.cameta.com/Canon-EOS-Rebel-X ... -33194.cfm

kombizz

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:17 pm

I reckon B&H is the better one.
I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country full of history.
k o m b i z z

glister

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:20 pm

Dunno if it is much of an option at the moment with the Aussie dollar so high but try doing a google search for e.g. "nikon D3 australia price" There are a few good online comparisons. Sometimes the price of freight outweighs getting from the States, especially if you can time going outside Oz to get the tax back...plus you then get a local warranty.

heez10

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:31 am

I have bought from all three majors, lately I have stuck with KEH, excellent service and fast delivery, my latest was a used camera they listed as "like new', believe me it is!

porcel

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:38 pm

I have been dealing with B&H photo video for 20+ years! Choose them..marcia

bklein

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:09 pm

I am another one who uses Adorama or B&H..over 30 years :)

craiglewis

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:16 am

Adorama and B&H and no place else.

PreviousNext

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?