Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?

Digital Cameras

Where is the best place on line to buy?

sweym

I bought gear on Amazon

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:28 pm

I know B&H Photo is known as the ultimate place to find everything photographic for the best price. But I bought the Canon 580 EXII flash for $50 less than was advertised on B&H. I'm also very new to photography and find some comments and specs beyond my current understanding. Not a problem with Amazon. I read a lot of customer reviews before buying anything anywhere online. I wouldn't buy without lots of reviews on an item.

memejr1949

Re: Where is the best place on line to buy?

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:41 pm

I must be odd man out, but I like Amazon, never had problems with them, if something is wrong they do take care of it, it may take longer but they take care of it. I have also had very good luck with ebay, on used equipment, look for seller with good responses and that are covered by paypal.

prinothcat

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:10 pm

memejr1949 wrote:I must be odd man out, but I like Amazon, never had problems with them, if something is wrong they do take care of it, it may take longer but they take care of it. I have also had very good luck with ebay, on used equipment, look for seller with good responses and that are covered by paypal.

Amazon is fine as long as you're buying through them. Frequently their listings include secondary resellers, in which case you need to be sure they have a solid reputation. Amazon listings do frequently include retailers like Adorama and 17th street.

halesr

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:13 pm

I have had success with B&H, Adorama, Beach Camera and Amazon. You can check out the reviews at Amazon or some of the sites that specialize in reviews (http://www.dpreview.com for instance) and then shop for the best price at a REPUTABLE vendor. I was recently shopping for Polaroid 809 film and went through Amazon to one of their secondary sellars for the best price and amazingly fast delivery. I could not belive how fast my film arrived and I used STANDARD shipping not overnight or two-day.--Rene

zvonok

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:57 pm

As for me - I'm always using TestFreaks to compare the prices and then order an electronics from their verified affiliates. Very cheap and easy way. Have bought there my digital camera some weeks ago: http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/digital-cameras/

4seasonphotos

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:44 am

I think http://www.buydig.com is the best place to buy they are the cheapest and have very good customer service I purchased many cameras from these people.. I would reccomend these to anyone. Forget B&H they are more expensive.

marcoz852

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:14 am

you can choose shopping.com and you can compare the prices beteewen shops

megrag

Post Fri May 09, 2008 12:37 am

Has anyone used norman camera? some of their prices are a bit higher , but some reviews suggest that they might match some of the other places prices if you call them. Most reviews I have read are very good.

ronnoboy

Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:29 pm

I have always found marks and spencer the best place to buy. They do some lovely cardigans in a range of colours and do not shrink in the wash

paulpan

Post Wed May 21, 2008 7:09 am

I always buy camera batteries in http://www.batterylink.us

dang

Post Thu May 22, 2008 12:00 pm

Not sure if this link is posted earlier, if so, here it is again...
Great place to check retailer ratings: http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/guide.html

thegallopingflasher

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:55 pm

I have dealt with www.buydig.com for the past 2 years and have been very happy with their prices. I have not had to return anything as of yet so I am not sure how they fair at that aspect of customer service. They pack their merchandise well for shipment and are very willing to work with you for special requests.

coffeeaddiction

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:50 am

I did most of my purchases from BH photo. I never have problem, but the shipment may delay sometimes.

downdraft

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:02 am

Just want to give everyone the heads up when buying on line STAY AWAY from Sonic Cameras..!! They are a scam and come up often when searching for camera products as the lowest price. Be sure to review who you are buying from before you make your purchase. Here is a good place to check a company out to see if they seem to be legit, http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sonic_Cameras

crosbyenterprises

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Please if you have not used Amazon please try it. They will give the prices of software and equipment from every available source that deals with photography equipment and then you can view other post and even order if you like. I have over $5-10,000 dollars worth of equipment and most of it has come from Amazon and their suppliers. Most of the cameras have come from Ritz camera. I hope this helps the hobbyist like me. I rarely sell my photos i just like to snap everything i see.
1 CENT

PreviousNext

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?