Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Nikon D2h

Digital Cameras

Nikon D2h

snafud2

Nikon D2h

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:43 pm

Hi
I just had a question about the new Nikon D2H, I know its fast but the 4.2 Mp makes me worry. I have the D100 and love the pics, D1X 5.2Mp.
I know this is Nikons new jfet ser sharp pictures that sor, and less noise etc, but what about large prints say 13x19? Will they be the razor sharp like Im used to getting from nikon.
Anyone out there have a D2? If so any feedback would be nice.
Any ideas on what battery pack to use w/the speedlight800, Quantum turbo is what i'm looking at, any feedback?
Thanks
SnafuD2

bobtrips

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:15 pm

This is a good topic to take to the Nikon forum a http://www.dpreview.com and http://www.robgalbraith.com.

My impression of the D2h is that it is primarily a photojournalist camera, designed for rapid shooting in tough situations and not for large prints.

Take a shot from your D100, reduce it to 4 megs and print it large. You should be able to see the difference at 13x19.

snafud2

D2H

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:22 pm

This is not a real world test with my D100 vs D2H Different senor. One made by sony one by nikon. As I said I shot indoors Racing Karts about 35 MPH with low/low light. I need supper fast tracking and focus which the D2 will do. I looked at DPreview, he liked it and he was compareing it to the Canon 1D which I think is $ 7-8000? were as the D2 is 3199.
I just was wondering if there was a D2 owen who many have tried to print a 13x19, and what his/her thoughts were. I guess whenever you spend that kind of money, you always secound guess yourself.
I've orded mime and can't wait to get it
Thanks
SnafuD2H

Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!

jseah

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:06 am

The Canon 1D sells for around $3,500-4,000. It has a comparable size sensor to the D2H. You're confusing it with the 1Ds, which sells for around $7,000-8,000 and has an 11 megapixel sensor. I doubt the D2H can come anywhere close to a 1Ds.

greco

For a commercial client,.......

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:43 am

I made a 4x5 foot high resolution poster that is still in the window of their store front.....and has been for the last year.

Oh, I took it with my Canon D30! = 3MP!

JP

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Nikon D2h