Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Question about Nikon Coolpix 3100

Digital Cameras

Question about Nikon Coolpix 3100

jeannius

Question about Nikon Coolpix 3100

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:14 pm

I have this little camera, and it's been fine, better than fine actually considering it only costs $300. But it states that it can take a 4 second shutter speed...I can't for the LIFE of me figure out what I have to do to get that....It is not anywhere in the manual that I can find, and I've looked.

Any users out there with ideas?

Thanks!

Jeanne

e_pixa

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:41 pm

ritchie63

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:47 am

Il me semble connaitre... :P

e_pixa

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:25 pm

ritchie63 wrote:

Il me semble connaitre... :P

Hi Ritchie63 :D
But, késkisspasse ?? :lol:

:P

drich30099

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:20 pm

Do you really like your nikon? i'm shopping for my first digital and i would like one easy, but takes good pics.

d2hpeter

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:53 am

Pardon me, but don't quite figure out how you did it.
Would you pls be so kind to share some tips?
picture>thousandWords!

e_pixa

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:53 pm

This is the fireworks mode (more seconds exposure) :wink:

e_pixa

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:00 pm

drich30099 wrote:Do you really like your nikon? i'm shopping for my first digital and i would like one easy, but takes good pics.

I love my coolpix 8)

The automatic mode is easy and good, and you have other good modes. :wink:

Watch my galleries for nightshots, people, nature...

d2hpeter

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:47 am

e_pixa wrote:
drich30099 wrote:Do you really like your nikon? i'm shopping for my first digital and i would like one easy, but takes good pics.

I love my coolpix 8)

The automatic mode is easy and good, and you have other good modes. :wink:

Watch my galleries for nightshots, people, nature...

Me too. Although i hv bought a CP5700, i still use my cp3100 very often as it is compact and very versatile. The various settings eg scene, manual etc almost cover all aspects.

thanks for the tips on the "fireworks" mode. I hv tried it once but didn't pay attention to the shooting details in Nikon view 6.
picture>thousandWords!

mox

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:29 pm

I highly recommend the Nikon Coolpix 3100 as an entry into digital. I have always been "Nikon", so naturally started there as I looked for a digital.

I first looked really hard at the Nikon Coolpix 4300, and planned to buy it. It is 4 mp as opposed to 3.2. The zoom is a little longer and you can get some range extenders and better accessories for it. It is about 100 bucks more.

I decided to save the hundred and go with the 3100 and I'm glad I did. The difference in MP is barely discernible to the naked eye. The accessories might be nice, but I did not want to tie up more money in an "entry" camera when the Digital SLR's are coming down rapidly, and heading towards the "sweet spot" of price and quality.

If you want to see what a 3100 can do, look at Jeanne Ricci's photo galleries here on pbase (see her post above, she started this thread). She gets studio quality work out of hers...and it is amazing. If you want to see what an average bloke can pull out of one look at mine!

For $300 you can't go wrong. I have started seeing them for $269 in some places.

Mark

e_pixa

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:38 pm

CP3100 is a very mini camera AND is ergonomic : with one hand put it ON, make a pict and put it OFF. :shock:

e_pixa

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:41 pm

My favorites with the Nikon Coolpix 3100 : http://www.pbase.com/e_pixa/favorites

:roll:

d2hpeter

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:21 am

If you want to see what a 3100 can do, look at Jeanne Ricci's photo galleries here on pbase (see her post above, she started this thread). She gets studio quality work out of hers...and it is amazing.

Mark

Etienne's too. I like the "La chenille 2" most.
picture>thousandWords!

e_pixa

Post Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:28 pm

I've tryed some black&whites with the cp3100 (and photoshop) here :
http://www.pbase.com/e_pixa/black__white_city

d2hpeter

Post Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:17 am

Very nice, Etienne.
how did u isolate the red color?
picture>thousandWords!

Next

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Question about Nikon Coolpix 3100