Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Anyone ever heard of ElectroSuperStore?

Digital Cameras

Anyone ever heard of ElectroSuperStore?

swimbladder

Anyone ever heard of ElectroSuperStore?

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:00 pm

I did a search on froogle for a Nikon D100 and found it for $999 at this internet store. They charge $50 shipping and no tax outside of NY. They say it's a new camera. Even w/o the lens this seems too good to be true. Anyone have any experience with this store?

bobtrips

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:40 pm

I know nothing about this store but do know that there are many shady retailers in New York. (B&H and Adorama are clearly not in this category).

I'd be careful. I'd be very, very careful. Check http://www.pricegrabber.com to see if they have acquired a rating.

And ask yourself why someone would be offering the camera significantly less than anyone else.

mspenelope

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:11 pm

We just bought the same exact camera....but in a bundle, which included 2 lenses. We also shopped around extensively and weeded out the ones that said they were in the country and then turned out they were in other parts of the world and wanted us to Western Union the money to them.
We finally ordered thru Cameta. They had the best deals all around.
They advertise all new and factory sealed.
B&H and Adorama charged more for the camera then our local stores!
We ordered the camera this Monday and I just tracked it thru UPS. It is on their "radar" and scheduled to be delivered, just as Cameta said, this Thrusday. So......so far everything looks good. We should know more by the end of this week! Their ebay site has all positive feedback....and everyone we spoke to at their store sounded honest. (Not so with other places we called) So at this point we are not expecting any problems.

swimbladder

yeah

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:22 pm

I thought it looked too good to be true. I was hoping people would tell me othewise. This is a great price.

jemook

Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:14 am

Yep, I'm looking into buying the Canon EOS 300D from them. They have the cheapest price on the web. I'd love to find out about them. Please post any experiences with them. Thanks!

oleg_i

AVOID THEM!!!!!!!!

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:58 pm

This store is playing catch and bait in here. I
place an order but refused to purchase any
accessories with it. Even though I specifically
asked if the camera is available at the time of
the order when I called in a few days later they
said it is on backorder. Called sales dept and
they said the camera is in stock. They clearly
refuse to sell camera without any overpriced
accessories with it.
If anyone knows how we can stop this reseller let me know!

decloedt

Re: AVOID THEM!!!!!!!!

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:53 am

oleg_i wrote:If anyone knows how we can stop this reseller let me know!

The best way is to stop buying from them.

jemook

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:58 am

so where is the cheapest place to buy a Canon EOS 300D online from without getting ripped off?!?!?

digismile

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:56 am

You may want to try http://www.inoax.com. They are in NY too, their overall prices for the cameras and accessories seem cheaper than what I saw elsewhere.

The strange experience that I had in buying the camera over the Internet wasn't with inoax, it was with UPS. They left the camera box on the doorstep without a signature from the recipients (us). Wow. If somebody had walked off with the camera I don't know who would have paid for the purchase, hopefully it wouldn't have been us! The purchase was insured though.

Also, what if we would have called and said that we had not received it, UPS would have had not way to prove that they had dropped it off without a signature as proof. If you have it sent via UPS you may want to ask the company sending it out that you get insurance and require a signature. You mean we could have had a free extra camera? I'm just too honest though.

Also, if you're getting a Digital rebel you may want to get the body only, not the package deal with the standard lens (55 - 80). Then buy the better lens (75 - 300). Its just a thought if you're trying to save money.

~Dan

hugodrax

stop pinching buffaloes off nickels

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:15 am

Order from B&H and you will get the product at a reasonable price without risk.

http://www.resellerratings.com is a good site to check vendors.

ckuhn55

Where oh Where?

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:09 pm

My 2 Cents..depending where you live, I've had luck with taking most ads from the net to several local camera stores. Many times they will match the price. The key is to get a motivated sale person. I've done the phone/foot work by calling ahead. They will never advertise to match NET prices, but believe me, they make a profit on usual retail selling. Also mention you will need lenses in the future and accessories. It works, you pay taxes, but NO shipping. Good luck
California here...

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Anyone ever heard of ElectroSuperStore?