Board index Equipment Digital Cameras SONY MEMORY STOCK 128MB NOT DETECTED !!! crc format !!!

Digital Cameras

SONY MEMORY STOCK 128MB NOT DETECTED !!! crc format !!!

percyv143

SONY MEMORY STOCK 128MB NOT DETECTED !!! crc format !!!

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:32 pm

hi. i have a sony trv27 which is a dual movie cam and a digital camcorder. i have a sony 128MB memory stick. recently it ceased to function. what it detects is there is no memory stick and it had an error CRC FORMAT or NO MEMORY STICK. i tried to format it from the camcorder but it was not able to detect it. i inserted the old 8MB and it was able to detect and opened the option for format.
What do you think is wrong? Is it history?
Thanks a lot.

Percy

decloedt

Memory Stick

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:38 pm

Did you format it in the computer recently? If you did, and formatted it as an NTFS partition, that's probably the problem. The camera can't read NTFS. Try formatting it again as FAT instead.

percyv143

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:21 pm

i just did. in the first try from the computer, it's good that it can still see it, did try a full format in FAT format and there was an error. i did quick format and it formatted it. then went to my camcorder and did try to format it from there and it detected it and was formatted.
thank you for the info.
good day.

:D Percy

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras SONY MEMORY STOCK 128MB NOT DETECTED !!! crc format !!!