Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Zuiko OM-to-EOS adapter

Digital Cameras

Zuiko OM-to-EOS adapter

mwalch

Zuiko OM-to-EOS adapter

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:19 pm

I just bought a Canon 10D. Before that, I had a faithful Olympus OM1 bought in 1979 with tons of Zuiko lenses.

After reading many messages about the existence of an OM-to-EOS adapter, I finally decided to jump in and buy it.

However, when I used the email address mentioned in many forum messages (t.matsuda@kindai-inc.co.jp), the message bounced back because of "fatal errors". I am not sufficiently trained in Japanese to order through Kindai's web site.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Marc Walch
marc.j.walch@jpl.nasa.gov

zuiko40

om-eos adapter

Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:55 am

The correct spelling is:
t.masuda@kindai-inc.co.jp.
If you buy it, let me know how well it works. I haven't gone digital yet, but the chance to use some of my Zuiko lenses, at least until I can afford to get into another system, is appealing.

lightsculpter

Post Fri May 21, 2004 3:02 am

I own an adapter, and have been using my Zuiko OM lenses on my 10D for over six months now. Excellent!! OK, some things to note: there are 2 ways to configure the adapter, (i) stopped-down, or (ii) wide-open.

With stopped-down mode, the iris closes to whatever aperture the f-stop ring is set to at all times - so focus wide-open, then set f-stop and away you go (I use this method).

The wide-open method is much like the normal operation, where the iris is wide-open regardless of the f-stop setting. The only thing to remember is to press the depth-of-field preview button before you meter the exposure (and during the exposure, of course!).

My portfolio contains many examples of the 10D with Zuiko lenses (in fact, I don't own even one Canon lens! they're all for Olympus).

Overall then, I can recommend the adapter :P

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Zuiko OM-to-EOS adapter