Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Help - Fujifilm F401

Digital Cameras

Help - Fujifilm F401

septbear88

Help - Fujifilm F401

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:42 am

Hi experts-out-there,

my f401 when turn on the LCD is pink in color and keep sceen kept moving. sometime after awhile it will stop but when tried taking pictures it got no color (in b&w or grayish) and images is badly distorted. (can look real scary).

does anyone knows what's the problem?

i went to the agent to check they said it's the lens problem. do you think so? and to anyone got an idea roughly how much it cost to repair it? coz they are charging me SGD$250. is it a normal price? or am i being overcharged? or anyone got a reputable shop to recommend.

thank you so much.

jv3nus

Just a thought

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:33 pm

Instead of asking ur agent, why not take it to fujifilm service centers/fujifilm factory. They will always charge accordingly.
-jv3nus-
a.k.a
Joyce

septbear88

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:10 am

hi joyce,

what i meant by agent is Fujifilm service centre :?

hence i would like to know will it be cheaper if i repair outside rather by the agent?

thanks

alvinlee

same problem twice

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:29 pm

I bought a fuji 40i about 3 years ago and it had the same problem. It looked like I was looking through a infrared lense. Very weird.

So I bought a fuji 50i. About 6 months later it too started having the same effect, both on the lcd and on printout. When I had it sent back to the dealer, they said it was too expensive to fix.

So I don't buy fuji cameras anymore.

I suspect there must be some defect in the design. Maybe it's too sensitive when I drop it once it awhile. But my Canon and Pentax don't have this kind of problem.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Help - Fujifilm F401