Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Sony F828 v/s Canon G5

Digital Cameras

Sony F828 v/s Canon G5

daanjsh

Sony F828 v/s Canon G5

Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:24 pm

I would like to find which one is better - F828 or the G5.

andag1

Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:42 pm

Yes....I would like Sony to officially release the 828 so we could find out!

daanjsh

Re:

Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:43 pm

Actually I like the G5 very much which doesn't mean I underestimate the new Sony. What I am really worried about is why sony use the same size sensor from F717 but this time with 8 megaP. According to my knoledge this wil increase the noise especially in some "critical" shots... I also feel a little suspicious abot the ne 4 colour array. I am not a great expert, but I do have a lot of experience with the subtractive and additive colour models. Don't know yet...maybe they need this 4th colour...for me it looks quite strange, parhaps I don't understand

andag1

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:42 pm

I've moved away from the new Sony because I can't see how the sensor size can NOT be an issue. Many believe that excessive noise will be the result of this marriage of 8MP and the same size sensor. And I've heard nothing to refute this.

All I can say is if I get tired of the hunt it's nice to know the 717 is a proven performer. At this "moment" in time I've climbed aboard the 300D bandwagon for a look-see. This may change as well though.....I have time and have given up the notion of taking a new camera overseas for the holidays. I want a camera I can live with for a few years without looking over my shoulder at what's around the corner. (uhh...sure.)

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Sony F828 v/s Canon G5