Board index Equipment Digital Cameras What cameras has the shakey hand feature??

Digital Cameras

What cameras has the shakey hand feature??

braveart

What cameras has the shakey hand feature??

Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:28 am

Am looking for another camera. Am looking at Canon eos 10D. Could a novice use this camera in a short start up time? Like 6 weeks or so?
All help and advise is needed.
Last edited by braveart on Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bobtrips

Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:54 am

It's going to be hard to replace your C2100. I know. I'm in the process of doing the same thing.

I'm going for the Minolta A1. It's a 5 meg camera with built in image stabilization (like the Uzi). The lens starts wider (28 vs. 38 mm eq.) which I think is great. But it only goes out to 200 mm eq. (which is disappointing). I'm going to look for an extender that will take me out closer to the Uzi's 380 mm.

The other camera that I seriously considered was the Panasonic FZ10. This is a 4 meg camera with a 12x, 38 - 456 mm eq. lens, also image stabilized.

I went with the A1 (it's on order) because of the wider low end and it seems to be considerably better in low light conditions. It's also a more 'feature rich' camera.

The A1 and FZ10 are your only image stabilized options (without getting a much more expensive dSLR and IS lenses).

Hope this helps...

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras What cameras has the shakey hand feature??