Board index Equipment Digital Cameras FujiFilm 6900

Digital Cameras

FujiFilm 6900

shotokan

FujiFilm 6900

Post Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:15 pm

Hi - Looking for help/advice. Just moving into digital photography and have been offered a FujiFilm 6900 in what appears to be un-used conditiion; still in box. The asking price is (UK)£300 and the shots I managed to take with it have turned out very well, except on two of the shots there seems to be a small amount of 'blur' and I'm sure I was holding the camera steady and in good daylight conditions. Has anyone any experience of the Fuji or advise if this is a good price for the camera.

bobtrips

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:53 am

Many digital cameras are slow to focus, suffer from 'shutter lag'. That's greatly improved with recent models but the 6900 has been out for a while.

It may be that you pressed the shutter button too quickly, before the camera had an opportunity to fully focus. Try some more test shots by pressing the shutter button half-way, pause, and then finish pressing.

Also check your EXIF file data and see what focal length you were using and at what shutter speed.

detroitpickles

The 6900

Post Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:06 pm

The 6900 is/was a great camera. It was "replaced" by the VERY popular s602. try checking around for prices on the s602 to compare. Both are very good... I wouldn't hesitate in buying one, but i would prefer the s602 if the same price.

As the blur, you probably didn't wait long enough for the camera to lock focus or you moved. The other pics were good though, right?

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras FujiFilm 6900