Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software PROTECTIVE CASES FOR CAMERAS

Photo Editing Software

PROTECTIVE CASES FOR CAMERAS

jive4844

PROTECTIVE CASES FOR CAMERAS

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:16 am

Years ago when you bought a camera it came with a leather eveready case that would swing open. The camera was ready to shoot in an instant and the case would protect it from bangs and scratches.
Does anyone know where cases like that can be bought? I broke an expensive digital taking a fall during a shoot. The camera would have easily survived if it had been in an eveready case.

castledude

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:58 am

Assuming you mean a (D)SLR type camera

Most of the manufacturers have gone to holsters now you can wear it the same way (as the old snap downs) or on a belt and just drop the camera into it (lens down). It's actually more convenient

A google search gave me this site with a bunch of types (Lowenpro is a pretty good brand IMHO). You can do the same search with camera case holster.

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/producti ... -case.html

I am not recommending them (I've never delt with them) but they do have some nice pictures of the cases.

halesr

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:02 pm

I have a Lowpro back pack type carrier for my cameras. It has split compartments and I love it. Got my husband a smaller should bag type, and he hates it. It has too many straps and things. If you are looking for a case for a digital SLR, I would think any SLR case could work nicely. I was not shooting digitally when I bought mine, but it works great. Oh, I ordered from B&H, but I would shop around.--Rene

dan212

camera case

Post Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:24 am

I think I know what you are looking for. Those old flip open leather cases aren't made any more. I never even bought when when I was working as a pro 25 years ago.

I don't want to carry a camera bag either.

I use the optech neoprene digital pouches work well. I can use one to cover my 20D with a 24-70 zoom attached. I can toss that into my messenger bag. They are very inexpensive and provide some bump protection as well as dust sealing in my bag.

Optechusa.com - SOFT POUCH-DIGITAL D-SERIES

http://www.optechusa.com/product/detail ... CT_SUB_ID=

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software PROTECTIVE CASES FOR CAMERAS