Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software How do you get rid of that white box?

Photo Editing Software

How do you get rid of that white box?

kowenjr

How do you get rid of that white box?

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:51 pm

In Photoshop when you use the lasso tool to cut out a particular part of an image, and then save it as a jpeg, and then post that photo into a web page there is a white box surrounding it. How do you delete this background box? Is this called a transparency?

ilanphoto

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:32 pm

no experet but from what I know, you need to use a transparent background. But jpeg does NOT support this it will have to be a gif

moxfactor

Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:58 am

if you want to crop any pictures for web use, i suggest manipulating the photo in ImageReady (the companion program for PS).

ukexpat

Post Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:39 pm

moxfactor wrote:if you want to crop any pictures for web use, i suggest manipulating the photo in ImageReady (the companion program for PS).

I think Imageready discards EXIF data so if EXIF is important to you, manipulate in PS itself and then "save as..." rather than "save for web".

jgroveuk

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:25 pm

I'm not a photoshop user, but it sounds to me like you might have feathering enabled on your selection - find the options dialog for the lasso/rectangle tool and ensure feathering is set to 0 pixels.

Hope that helps,
Jon.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software How do you get rid of that white box?