Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photoshop CS VS olders

Photo Editing Software

Photoshop CS VS olders

phschallenger

Photoshop CS VS olders

Post Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:11 am

What is so great about photoshop CS? I just picked it up, but I have yet to use it.

castledude

Post Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:15 am

Go to Amazon or a local bookstore and look for books by Scott Kelby...

The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers
Adobe Photoshop CS Down & Dirty Tricks

The biggest things (for me) ... better RAW support (you can do a lot more on hi res (bpp) images, the new browser. The only bad thing is the new protection.

phschallenger

Post Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:37 pm

castledude wrote:Go to Amazon or a local bookstore and look for books by Scott Kelby...

The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers
Adobe Photoshop CS Down & Dirty Tricks

The biggest things (for me) ... better RAW support (you can do a lot more on hi res (bpp) images, the new browser. The only bad thing is the new protection.
what new protection?

castledude

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:18 am

They added a new security "activation" to it (to prevent piracy). For me it has been way too touchy and requires a net connection be active about every other time I need to use it.

This is scary, since Murphy's Law will guarantee that something critical is going to need to be made when the net is not.

philyboy

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:24 am

castledude if you use the telephone activation you will never need it to access the net.

castledude

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:04 pm

Tried it, didn't work (still makes me re-register) at various inconvenient times. It hates RAID and is way too sensitive to system changes.

Also it loses its mind on a system roll back.

Its pretty bad if I as a legal owner am required to install a crack....

On the good side Acrobat 7 does not exibit these issues. So maybe they will fix it someday.

phschallenger

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:03 pm

hmm, i happen to know a certain individual who has a pirated copy of CS. All he did was install a crack to the folder and use the CD key "1111-1111-1111-1111" and he was good.

ukexpat

Re: Photoshop CS VS olders

Post Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:47 am

phschallenger wrote:What is so great about photoshop CS? I just picked it up, but I have yet to use it.

You bought it without knowing what it does? A tad strange if I may say so...

phschallenger

Re: Photoshop CS VS olders

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:39 am

ukexpat wrote:
phschallenger wrote:What is so great about photoshop CS? I just picked it up, but I have yet to use it.

You bought it without knowing what it does? A tad strange if I may say so...
No, i own Elements 2 and 3, i borrowed a friends CS to see what is so great about it. I tried it out and its pretty good!

ashy555

hmm

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:24 am

yer i have photoshop CS coz my brother got it a while ago. i havwe this one picture and my freckles are really really noticable and i really dont like them its a good pic cept for the frecklescant you use like the sharp tool or something im sorry its probabl wrong but lol(i cant even find the sharp took n e more)

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photoshop CS VS olders