Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Watermark on photos

Photo Editing Software

Watermark on photos

acena

Watermark on photos

Post Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:17 pm

Can someone suggest a software package I can use for inserting watermarks on my photos? The simpler the better.

Cheers,
Alex

castledude

Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:48 am

If you have Photoshop a whole bunch of actions exist that will make really slick ones.

Exifer http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/ has a really simple watermark that allows you to set and save a custom one that can be applied across multiple pictures.

A very powerful one is http://www.photowatermark.com/

ilanphoto

Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:20 am

but except defacing your pictures, what does it do
If it is on the side like a signature it can be cropped out. If it is in the centre than the viewer will not enjoy the picture as much.

just my 2 cents

castledude

Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:45 am

ilanphoto wrote:but except defacing your pictures, what does it do
If it is on the side like a signature it can be cropped out. If it is in the centre than the viewer will not enjoy the picture as much.

just my 2 cents

In general I agree. But I also think a lot of under-educated people are out there that think if it is on the net it is not copyrighted. By putting a copyright statement on it I let them know, so at least they can't use that excuse if I find them and yell at them. I just want to keep the honest people honest.

Also it allows you to put your personal rules on the picture. Personally I don't mind if a person wants to use a picture for personal use but if they try to derive income then I have a problem with it.

Sometimes it even works for you. If the watermark is left and gives somebody a path back to you. You might get informed of an infringement.

Just my $0.02 worth...

ilanphoto

Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:34 am

What I have been doing is I put a small frame around with my name signed on the frame, so if somebody wants to crop the picture. I can not stop him and I also believe I am not desterbing the honest guys either

ukexpat

Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:37 am

ilanphoto wrote:What I have been doing is I put a small frame around with my name signed on the frame, so if somebody wants to crop the picture. I can not stop him and I also believe I am not desterbing the honest guys either

Another option is to use a plugin like Digimarc to attach a digital watermark to your files. Then at least you can prove that someone is using your images, coupled with a warning on the gallery page it might be a deterrent to image theft.

steveengland

Hi Castle Dude

Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:56 pm

How do you use watermarks in photoshop 7?

Kind regards

steveengland

castledude

Re: Hi Castle Dude

Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:25 pm

steveengland wrote:How do you use watermarks in photoshop 7?

Kind regards

steveengland

from and earlier post I made on the same subject

It's pretty easy actually, all high end editing programs (Elements, Photoshop, Ulead, etc) all have the ability to make a layer that will distort the lower layer(s).

So you create your watermark (text or graphics) on a white background.

Paste the watermark on your picture and give it transparency on the white area.

Now for the trick. Use the colors on the watermark to distort the image.

1- Leave as is (You end up with an obscured image)
example: http://www.pbase.com/jchambers/image/24680514/large
2- Use it as a contrast map (distorts but allows viewing of the hidden stuff).
http://www.pbase.com/chonchat/image/30737162

3- Use it as a 3d distortion (gives that bumpy look).
http://www.pbase.com/zepp/image/11212242

You can edit the picture by turning off that layer and then turn it back on to give it the watermark.

Digimark is a plugin that you need to buy a subscription to.

If you want to automate the above steps type "+action +photoshop +watermark" into google. Look through some of the variations to find the one you like.

weitu

A specialized and simplifies tool for photo watermarking

Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:30 pm

Easy Photo Mark is a specialized tool for photo watermarking. It combines simplicity and efficiency and simplifies the process of creating and applying watermark to multiple files in multiple directories.
Easy Photo Mark allows you to add a text or graphic watermark to your photos in seconds! You can add copyright information to your web images, or you can add text to your digital photos.You can rotate a different degree for each individual image.And You can Compress,Restrain the size and draw the verge of the pictures.

lebororo

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:18 am

on the right corner - signature - (photoshop element V1)
It follows the tones under!
lebororo

joseju

Post Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:09 am

iView Media Pro does a nice job at it as well. Only way I have figured out how to do it though is through creating a web gallery of the images. It does create a folder with the exported images though so you can access them with ease.

-Jose
-check out my pix

joseju

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:47 am

quick update. iView has released version 3 of its software. you can now directly export images with a custom watermark rather than having to create an entire website.
-check out my pix

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Watermark on photos