Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Printing on Epson RX500 from photosop problems

Photo Editing Software

Printing on Epson RX500 from photosop problems

spookymark

Printing on Epson RX500 from photosop problems

Post Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:32 am

I am wondering if anyone can help me, each time I print from Photoshop CS onto the RX500 Epson Photo Printer the photos come out too dark, even though on the monitor they look good, in preview they look good also.
Is there a tutorial somewhere that teaches you how to print images correctly from Photoshop?
Thank you

jeffreyk

Post Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:40 pm

Most likley problem is not with your printer or photoshop but with your monitor, make sure to calibrate it with adobe gamma loader or other tools.
Here is some info
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/321608.html

If your monitor can not produce a image close to the print then you can adjust the rx500 brightness in advanced options. I also use this printer and it matches my monitor perfectly.

Hope this helps a little :)

mrkwlemon

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:46 pm

Is there any other color calibration software of hardware I can use to resolve this kind of problem.

rogermabon

clean up nozzle

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:02 pm

try this to clean up the nozzle first:
http://www.inkrepublic.com/knowledgebase/ColorOff.asp

seandoherty

Problem (dark RX500) printing is Adobe PhotoShop CS2!?

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Hi
I have identical problem. I've experimented with most of the printing settings in Abobe Photoshop CS2 V9.0 and my Epson RX500 printer i.e. letting Adobe set colours or letting RX500 choose colours. I'm trying to print to an A4 (Epson) premium glossy paper. I've experimented with many settings i.e. Rendering Intent in Photoshop and, lots of things in RX500 settings i.e. photo/best photo/photo enhance etc etc. Despite photo always looking good in preview, every print is very dark - way way darker than the preview. So, I opened the photo in MS Photo Editor, selected the "standard" photo settings for RX500 i.e. best photo and premium glossy photo paper (the printer exact settings I had tried many times with Adobe Photoshop) and, with MS Photo Editor, the photo printed perfectly - not the slightest detectable darkness - a very close replica to the screen preview. I therefore conclude that this problem is down to Adobe Photoshop. I should say that, I regularly use Adobe Photoshop (in conjunction with Adobe Bridge) to do some basic photo editing (cropping and redeye etc) and print 7x5 inch photos to an Epson Photosmart 470 and I have never had this dark image problem - so it seems the problem is combination of Photoshop and RX500. Anybody got any thought on what is happening here?
Many thanks
Sean

sgtdif

The Driver is the Problem

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:59 pm

The problem with the photos coming out is the Epson printer driver. You need to update the driver. It can be obtained at http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/supp ... foid=51148

Once you have installed the driver, follow the directions on that page about advanced options. It only takes a second. I hope this helps. Good Luck and Happy Printing! 8)

Anthony DiFondi

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Printing on Epson RX500 from photosop problems