Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software RAW CD or DVD Copy will NOT show up in different PC

Photo Editing Software

RAW CD or DVD Copy will NOT show up in different PC

p1ayn

RAW CD or DVD Copy will NOT show up in different PC

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:29 pm

OK, I'm at a wits end and also got burned. Probably something stupid I did
but here it goes. I have successfully started a very small business in shooting kids sporting events. I shoot with a Canon MArk II and in RAW.
I come home and download..(copy) my lexar card to a folder on the PC.
I then Burn these "RAW" images from the folder on the PC to my DVD or CD with NERO as a backup copy. All is well here at this point. I use the images and edit from the PC to post on the web. When an order comes in I pop my cd or dvd in, and redit the one or two pics and process and sell. Still all is well. THE PROBLEM is I recently took one of my DVD's containing raw images that work fine on my PC, and attempted to view them with a client. He had PS CS as well, so all software is same. IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE the FORMAT?!! I then took my own laptop (diferent pc)
with PS CS as well, and it too would not open the raw files? But when I enter that same cd into the original pc it works fine! UGH!
Im worried if the original pc ever ....when it crashes, even though I have RAW images backed up on DVD, they don't open on any other PC even if also has the PS CS. Any help here, what am I missing?
PS: I have read in a book about exporting CACHE but that didnt seem to work either, unless I did it wrong.
HELP!
Copyright 2004 Jorge Alatorre

ukexpat

Re: RAW CD or DVD Copy will NOT show up in different PC

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:46 pm

How are you burning to CD/DVD -- as a single session disc (write and close) or multi-session (so you can add files in different write sessions)? For the most complete compatibility you have to burn as a single session data disc.

p1ayn

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:50 pm

hey Nigel,Thanks for the response....I think you are correct, I have been burning in Multi session. WOW! If that is it, Ill buy you a beer. I have spent weeks trying to figure this out! LOL! I'll give it a shot and let you know.
Thanks..:)

p1ayn

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:08 pm

:( OK I just burned another cd with RAW images from my PC, single session. Works great on my desktop, but when I put it into my laptop, it starts and actually will show a few pics while its gathering (spinning) its info, then nothing. I go to file, open, and in the pop up the format is all formats. And when I attempt to open a picture, it comes back unable to open not right kind of document? I tried other formats but that will not even bring up the image icons, which I might add are a photoshop icon.
Just dont get it. The cd works in the PC I burned it in, but not on any other?
PS: The beer still sounds good..

p1ayn

Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:26 pm

More experimenting this morning......I basically duplicated everything I do on my laptop instead of my Desktop. I have the exact software on laptop as I do on my Desk..PS CS, and the answer, it would NOT recognize RAW at all. Even from the Flashcard. I then put the flash card onto my desk and it opens in RAW. Software gliche or pc? Well, I then went to my Third PC....(dont ask) which also has PS CS, and attempted to download my raw, and it too would not recognize raw. Only my 1 PC does....weird huh?
Anyone have any suggestions or answers to this delima? The two PC's come back "cannot open wrong kind of document" even though it looks like a PS Icon.
I am using the Canon MArk II and lexar flashcards 80x. I have tried various cards also.

p1ayn

Post Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:17 pm

fixed the problem....apparently is twas a plug in that still needs to be in PS CS.

ukexpat

Post Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:26 am

p1ayn wrote:fixed the problem....apparently is twas a plug in that still needs to be in PS CS.

But you still owe me a beer!!

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software RAW CD or DVD Copy will NOT show up in different PC