Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software photoshop 7.0 camera raw plug-in

Photo Editing Software

photoshop 7.0 camera raw plug-in

bbresler

photoshop 7.0 camera raw plug-in

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:56 am

Scott Kelby's book, The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers, refers to a free camera raw plug-in for version 7.0 on Adobe's web site. Can't find the plug-in for 7 although there are several upgrades for CS. Where can I get this?
Thanks,
Bill Bresler

castledude

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:04 pm

It wasn't free, in fact Adobe wanted $99 which is almost as much as the upgrade to CS for it. After CS came out they discontinued it.

The addin gave RAW and JPEG2000 support. Since discontinuation I don't think you can even upgrade it to the latest cameras (but I am not sure of this)

This was in the original documentation for the plugin

Note: The Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in will be included as part of a future version of Adobe Photoshop. Adobe does not promise the long-term availability of this plug-in for standalone purchase. Your purchase of the plug-in does not entitle you to discounts on future upgrades of Photoshop.

Also FYI
Supported cameras

Canon
EOS-1D
EOS-1Ds
EOS-D30
EOS-D60
PowerShot 600
PowerShot A5
PowerShot A50
PowerShot S30
PowerShot S40
PowerShot S45
PowerShot G1
PowerShot G2
PowerShot G3
PowerShot Pro70
PowerShot Pro90 IS

Fujifilm
FinePix S2 Pro
Minolta
DiMAGE 5
DiMAGE 7
DiMAGE 7i
DiMAGE 7Hi
Nikon
D1
D1H
D1X
D100
Coolpix 5700
Coolpix 5000 — with firmware version 1.7

Olympus
E-10
E-20
C-5050 Zoom

No I don't have a copy of it, I just did a search for it earlier before I gave up and got the upgrade to CS. Since CS gives a lot more 16 bit functions it was worth it.

bbresler

raw converter

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:23 pm

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. I actually have a raw converter for the digital rebel but I can't load it because IT DOES NOT WORK WITH XP UNLESS XP IS FACTORY LOADED. I'd like to have a word with the folks at Canon who think that this is a reasonable restriction.
Bill Bresler

ukexpat

Re: raw converter

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:49 pm

bbresler wrote:Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. I actually have a raw converter for the digital rebel but I can't load it because IT DOES NOT WORK WITH XP UNLESS XP IS FACTORY LOADED. I'd like to have a word with the folks at Canon who think that this is a reasonable restriction.
Bill Bresler

Huh? You mean the Canon Raw converter? I installed the 10D Canon converter on my system and it was not a factory XP install.

castledude

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:15 pm

You do have alternatives:

ACDSEE now has raw support
Photoshop Elements 3.0 has raw support
IMatch

Totally Free software is at http://www.insflug.org/raw/software/tools/dcraw.php3 (DCRAW)

bbresler

raw converter

Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:55 pm

Nigel,
The instructions are very clear, in more than one place. Their website concurs. I've thought of trying it anyway. One would think that the 10D and the d-rebel would use the same converter, but who knows?
Bill

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software photoshop 7.0 camera raw plug-in