Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software PHOTOS LOOK DARK WHEN IMPORTING TO PHOTOSHOP 7

Photo Editing Software

PHOTOS LOOK DARK WHEN IMPORTING TO PHOTOSHOP 7

photo441

PHOTOS LOOK DARK WHEN IMPORTING TO PHOTOSHOP 7

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:38 am

I am using a Canon Digital Rebel. I have been using it for about 6 months now. I have been trying to take portrait photos with it and they just look too dark. Any suggestions? I am using Parameter 1 and 2 but don't actually know what the differences are. Also I am not sure what ISO I should be using. I took photography class in High School years ago but it escapes me. A lot of times my pictures look grainy or hazy. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Also if anyone knows of some good websites that are how to I would appreciete the link.

Happy Shooting,
JP

stanb

Post Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:56 am

The first thing I'd make sure is that you are exposing the photo properly - use the histogram on the camera to do this ( its good practise to set up the review to show thumbnail + info ). You can make some exposure and contrast adjsutments later with levels but its better to start as close as you can.

secondly make sure your monitor is calibrated correctly- while you can spend a lot on hardware & software to do this you can get prtty close with adobe gamma - it comes with PS elements, so should with PS7 too.

WRT IS0 and noise - the 300d is pretty clean up to 400, usable at 800 , and reasonably noisey at 1600, so your graininess may be that you have over sharpened in camera - you're better off leaving the sharpening until post processing. Natrully you'd use the higher ISO if the light levels require it. The haziness could be a matter of a poor lense, or bad focus, so without an example I cant comment

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software PHOTOS LOOK DARK WHEN IMPORTING TO PHOTOSHOP 7